• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can PBR materials created in Capture be used in other 3D programs like Poser, DAZ Studio, etc.?

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Poser 11 Pro which uses PBR materials and shaders (same shader nodes as Blender) and was wondering if those created in Adobe Capture can be imported into Poser for texturing models, etc., etc. By the same token, can 3D models purchased through Adobe Stock be imported into Poser and other 3d rendering/modeling programs?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI PixelWrangler.

Saved to your Downloads folder from Adobe Stock, Materials will import with a .mdl file which contains lighting and material properties, a texture map, a bump map, and a light map. Although I know nothing about the software you're using, I suspect that one/some of those are the files you'll be able to use.

If you export directly from Capture (which you can do by tapping on the ellipsis icon ... at the bottom of the Materials thumbnail and choosing Export As) it will export a .mdl file that you can save or email or text.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if I haven't answered your question.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines