• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find a specific Adobe font

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2018 Nov 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a an Adobe Illustrator file with text in it. But when I scan the following text with Adobe Capture CC, I don't get the font I'm looking for:

I assume it is partly because some letters are overlapping, but still, I should at least get resembling fonts.

How can I find this font?

Thank you for your help.

TOPICS
How to , Text and Adobe fonts

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Jacopo.

This might be a better question to ask on the Illustrator forum (my knowledge of that app is fairly rudimentary) but did you try open the file in Illustrator then selecting the type? The font family should show.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JacopoStanchi.

A couple of quick questions:

* Have you tried searching for one word at a time?  I'm not sure what typeface was used in Ai but when I used only one of the words from the group I did get entirely different search results.

* Is this definitely an Adobe Font? If it's not, Capture will get as close a match as possible with an Adobe Font.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. Yes, I tried individual words and it did no better. I even tried to make up a new word with no overlapping letters and I got nothing. I don't know for sure if it is an Adobe font, but all I know is that the software used to make the picture is Adobe Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JacopoStanchi.

Capture will find a similar (Adobe Font) typeface but it won't precisely identify one that's outside of the Adobe Font library. To identify the exact font, it would be best to open the file in Illustrator.

I'm sorry I don't have a Capture solution for finding the exact type family.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. I looked for the method to recognize fonts on Illustrator but I found nothing useful. Could you tell me how to do that please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacopo.

This might be a better question to ask on the Illustrator forum (my knowledge of that app is fairly rudimentary) but did you try open the file in Illustrator then selecting the type? The font family should show.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I can't find a good forum for my question, and I am hoping someone can help me or send me the right way. I am currently working on fonts for my re-brand, and have used Adobe Fonts. It says if I activate fonts, it comes up in my font menus elsewhere. I have activated at least 7 fonts, but only one is coming up in Wix... and only the standard name of the font, not the variations. Thanks in advance for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shelby.

I'm unable to move your post because it's part of a longer thread, but I think this is the forum you need: Adobe Fonts (formerly Typekit)

Hope that helps.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check fonts here https://fontsly.com/. Choose the option of brush fonts or decorative. It seems to me that you can find something similar or even this font. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines