• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capture App is Stuck on "Contacting Server..."

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to sync the patterns library across devices, and I can't access anything in the mobile app because it's been "Contacting Server..." for about an hour. Tried deleting, reinstalling, restarting my iPhone, logging in and out, but nothing works. Any idea how to solve this?

thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Andrea.

On first start of the app, it checks existing libraries in the cloud and syncs those; “Contacting Server” is displayed while the app is getting that info. Sometimes after an update (especially if there are large libraries; or no libraries) the app can spend some time going back to the server to check for content. When the device can't reach the Creative Cloud server to get the list of existing libraries (normally a quick operation), then the app can hang.

Generally, signing out and signing back in solve this issue. And certainly uninstalling/reinstalling should have.

I have a couple of questions:

* What version of Capture are you using? (Tap on the Capture icon then About Capture.)

* Can you see all your assets when you sign in with your Adobe ID to https://assets.adobe.com/assets/libraries?

* What level of network connection do you have at the moment you're trying to update? "Contacting server" often displays endlessly when the connection is not great.

* What version of iOS are you using? If it's not 11.0.3, please try updating the operating system (there's been a lot written about iOS 11.0.1 and 11.0.2 dropping bluetooth and wireless).

Please let me know what you find.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines