• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capture App not showing SVGs in library

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Adobe Capture app on android to make my SVGs. They are no longer showing in the Creative Cloud library app (just blank with the date) and no longer showing up in the Creative Cloud on Windows PC app at all. As of yesterday, the smooth option was removed and replaced with simplify and the graphics are terrible. Any help woould be apprecated. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear User,

We are sorry for the issue you are facing.
-Please share your original image which you are trying to convert into the vectors and the result which you are getting after Simplify.
For Sharing: Please go to Settings in Capture Application -> Click on Send Feedback -> Please attach them into the mail.
-For the library issue, can you see other assets like patterns, etc in the Creative Cloud library? Is it a shape-specific issue?

"The smooth option was removed and replaced with simplify"
A little Background for Simplify :
The Simplify feature helps us remove unnecessary anchor points and generate a simplified optimal shape for your complex artwork, without making any significant changes in the original shape.

The simplifying path gives you the following benefits:
-Reduced file size
-Faster file display and printing

You can also generate detailed shapes by the toggling Simplify button given at the bottom.

We assure you that we are looking into these issues at the highest priority.

Regards,
Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello ~user,

I've been using capture for some time and ran into some syncing issues before and just as recently as a few minutes ago. I've lost hundeds of shapes (since that is what I use most often) and figured aout ways to solve these issues.

1. Most important* Never ever delete the app and reinstall it on your phone. This will delete all the previous things that are in your phone and replace them with what you have on the cloud.
  2. If it isn't syncing correctly there will be a red dot on the cloud icon to the left of the name of the set or "new library."
  3. Find the file that is "corrupt" or not working. Usually that file doesn't have a thumbnail with the shape, but a kind of polygon that is grey. Almost all the time for me. Delete that shape because you'll never save it. It's lost. It's beter to lose one shape than hundreds trust me.
  4. If it still doesn't sync right away and you can wait do so, but since most people are working when these things happen I found a way to speed the sync into syncing again. Make a new library and name it. Wait a minute and if it appears in the cloud on your desktop/laptop or else where than the cloud is working. It should fix all the other issues from the previous library. So go back to that one.
  5. If there are multiple files that are corrupt (no thumbnail preview icon) delete the individual files from all the libraries. I have hundreds of shapes on 5 or so libraries and all of them are insync right now, but usually the corrupt one are recent ones I've taken from my phone. 

Also I'm sure a newer phone might have less issues, but I have a phone that is more than 5 years old and it still works fine. Automatically updates the software and works great.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines