• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Materials for Dimension - Blend Edges Issue

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2023 Jun 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the material feature to get real life textures into Adobe Dimension through Adobe Capture. It seemed perfect until I see that the "blend edges" haven't worked so well.

On Adobe Capture preview it looks great, but on Dimension the texture is totally bugged, showing horrible edges. I've changed a lot of settings, but nothing works, what can I do to fix it?

TOPICS
Materials

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work OK if you're placing it on a plane for eaxmple in Dimension?
Does it shows exactly the same in "decal" or "fill" in Dimension?

Have you tried generating UVs to see if it was more of a wrong wrap or not (That would work if the texture was showing OK on a plane. In the same vein, does it show when you're opening the UV in say Photoshop? (through export UV, or simply when trying to edit the material within the material panel.

Apparently Capture works best used with Adobe Substance Sampler (the dedicated material creator within the Adobe 3D suite), but not sure how refined is it, used as is, in Dimension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it doesn't work in any surface. It shows the same way both in Dimension and redering. The images used to create the texture are seamless and they work well in photoshop if I duplicate them, but Adobe Capture seems to mess up with this and I just don't know how to fix it. Dimension also doesn't provide any settings to cutomize it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes Dimension is pretty barebones when it comes to dealing with materials (it offers the possibilities on a basic level, after all, it's just a stager, not a full 3D software solution). I did try a few materials in Capture but never really had an issue in the sense that if the material showed as faulty, it was faulty even opened in PS.
Let's see if someone has another experience and know a specific way to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines