Creating shape shadows/outlines

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Brand new to Capture. I'm trying to use it to create vector files from photos of tools that I can import into CAD software to design tool storage organizers. 

My plan of attack is to mount my cell phone over an LED tracing box, perhaps with a ring light around the cell phone to ensure even illumination, essentially creating a document camera of sorts. I'll put the tool on the tracing box, take the picture and "vectorize it."

In terms of "vectorization," how do I set Capture up to create a purely montone vector file where the white backround is white and and the shape of the tool is rendered as pure black, creating a perfect shadow/outline of the shape of the tool? 

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Matt,

Thanks for describing your requirements so elaborately. Adobe Capture app offers 'Shapes' module in its camera. To launch the same, you can use 'Create' tab (snapshot below) and click on 'Create' button of shapes section.

To learn how to use internals of shapes modules, we also offer onboarding tours. You can find the same in 'Learn' tab (adjacent to Create tab). Feel free to post more questions. We will be happy to help.

Regards,

Abhishek

AdobeCaptureCreate copy.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines