Help with Illustrator: Convert Photo to Vector

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there:

I recently purchased an IPad Pro and am trying to convert the attached photo of a pattern into vector format so that I can use it for a poster.  However, when I use Adobe Capture to bring it into Illustrator format, it doesn’t give me clear lines.  I think it’s due to the quality of the photo, but unfortunately I don’t have a higher quality photo.

Can anyone with more experience tell me the best way to turn this into a crisp vector image?  I am still learning and not sure the process and software tools that would best to accomplish this.

Thank you!

57FCFCAF-A5DB-4E33-873B-9D86C6F03CB2.jpeg

Discussion moved by moderator from Illustrator to Adobe Capture

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2018 Dec 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ally.

I just tested this in Capture and you're right, it's very likely the quality of the image that's causing the lines to blur. I did, however, get a better shape rendered when I used the magic wand in Capture. Have you tried that?

Also, and I know almost nothing about this, have you tried using Image Trace in Illustrator CC? Here's a help document: How to edit artwork in Illustrator using Image Trace.

Sue.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines