• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

High Resolution Image Export in Adobe Capture?

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m loading high resolution photos like 4000x4000 pixels into capture and using the shapes feature but disappointed that I can only export them as 620x620 pixels. I can’t print with theses small sized files. I need to blow them up very large for large screen print transparencies. I change the dpi and adjust the image size in Pixelmator for iPhone but then of course it’s all pixelated. What can I do? Why doesn’t this app have high resolution exporting? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019
You are correct, the app doesn't have high res exporting (yet). For the time being you would have to export the shape as SVG and use some other tool to get the high-res image from SVG.

I asked your question to the wonderful Product Manager of Adobe Capture and here is her reply.
-------------------
They need to either export as SVG and open that in AI/PS, or drag the shape in from Libraries, where it will also be an SVG and can be sized up or down as needed.

The first option would be:
1. From the s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct, the app doesn't have high res exporting (yet). For the time being you would have to export the shape as SVG and use some other tool to get the high-res image from SVG.

I asked your question to the wonderful Product Manager of Adobe Capture and here is her reply.
-------------------
They need to either export as SVG and open that in AI/PS, or drag the shape in from Libraries, where it will also be an SVG and can be sized up or down as needed.

The first option would be:
1. From the shape’s page: choose the left most icon for “Export”, and select SVG.
2. Save this to your iCloud drive on iOS, Google Drive on Android, or on your device, and transfer that file to your computer.
3. On your desktop, in Photoshop or Illustrator, open the  SVG.
4. The SVG can be smoothly sized up or down while maintaining detail.
5. Add as a layer to existing artwork   Or resize the canvas and artwork to your needs and print from the file directly.

The second option:
1. Open your artwork in Photoshop or Illustrator.
2. Open the Libraries panel, select your shape, and drag it into the artwork.
3. The shape will come in as a linked vector file and can be smoothly resized up or down without losing detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get pretty nice highly detailed Adobe Capture shapes. I realize that if I take a picture from Capture the images have les detail, but when I take a picture and import to Capture the app makes higher detailed shapes. Sometimes I like more simplified shapes (take a picture directly from Capture) or take a picture from the camera and import to Capture. Then those images are in the Libraries panel in PS (and I imagine in other programs like AI). They can be sized up and down and are transparent. I love this program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the appreciation. You are correct. While capturing image from live camera, we have to settle up with a low resolution frame. This is needed to keep live camera preview performant. (30 frame per second).

In case of image import, we have the advantage of processing just a single frame, hence we do certain optimizations over it and extract out more details.

P.S.: We are thinking of another mode for shapes, where we will have lesser details but output would be more cleaner (in live camera screen). Would such mode be useful for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an experimetal artist and love to have as much variety as possible. I know there are different filter modes inside Capture for Shapes which are nice. Some aren't so useful.

As long as I'm able to switch back and forth between what is already availale in Capture and new optons I would be happy.

P.S. I'm afraid to update my older iPhone SE because I don't anything to change with what I already do. I do have an iPad Pro that is regularly updated so anything new for that device and updates to Capture I can try on that device until I get an additonal newer phone in the near future.

Thank you for continuing to support this amazing program.

If you are interested in seeing some of my Capture work here is a link to images I've created by overlapping shapes I take with Capture and working on them in Adobe Photoshop. Diaz Artist - Black & White Gallery 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The SVG option is inactive on the "export as" drop down so I cannot export as SVG, which I need to do to get the higher res. Also, I saved to Illustrator but it is not there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Demi. 

Please message us through Capture's Send Feedback link so we can see all of your device/app information (it will auto-populate the email). To get to that link tap the circle in the upper lefthand corner of Capture; then from the men that launches tap Send Feedback. 

Just mention that you posted here and also let us know what file type you're trying to export/send.

Sue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines