• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I save an image with the colour palette on a android phone?

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I am using an andriod phone. How do I save the image witht he colour palette displayed at the top of the iamge to my camera roll? I want both the image and colour palette displayed together. Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you view your captured "Looks," you see the photo with the color palette displayed above it. But, if you export to the camera roll, you get the original photo only. The only thing I can suggest is to make a screen capture of the app (and crop off any unwanted UI elements from the borders). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, thanks Michael. Palette Republic seems to do a better job at this for Android. 

Thanks for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try using Color module and Capture a color theme instead of a LOOK. You can find your existing color themes by going to Color tab in the gallery or create new one`s by swtiching to Color in Camera. Once you have a color theme, try the ... option and "Export as" -> Image. This should generate an image which has color pallete on the top and image below it.

I can send detailled steps for the same. Below is an example of image which I exported.WhatsApp Image 2020-04-15 at 7.57.53 AM.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now got this work on my iPhone 6S but I cannot save it to my camera roll, it has to go somewhere else eg files.  Is it possible to do the same using color.adobe.com? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try with steps- Go to to Libraries - Go to the asset - Click on "..." - Click on Save to Camera Roll. 

Screenshot attached.

Please share if this helps and if it does not please share the issue you face.

File (4).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, yes it works now.  For some reason I did not get the option to save to my camera roll before.  

Do you know if you can do the same in colour.adobe.com.  It doesn't seem to have a link to the original image and so will only save the colour swatch.  

Another issue: when you try and save a LOOK to the camera roll it saves the Adobe template image and not the swatch it creates.  Is this a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"when you try and save a LOOK to the camera roll it saves the Adobe template image and not the swatch it creates.  Is this a bug?" - Yes, this is a bug. To clarrify are you interested in just sharing an image which has all swatches for the LOOK or something else? - Please confirm, and we will fix it and update.

Also, curious if you are a regular Looks user?

Regarding "Color.adobe.com", yes I could not find a way to download original image and the swatches along with it. Please write on https://community.adobe.com/t5/Color/bd-p/color with the query.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have historically done this on the ios app, but can no longer figure out how. This solution does not work on the app, as there is no "..." nor that full menu on the app. I have now spent 45 minutes in chat w/ Adobe support with no answer. How is this composite image generated in the Capture app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

Sorry you're having trouble finding this feature. 

I've attached  a couple of screenshots; they are from the iOS version of the app but the features/menus should be similar on Android. 

* When you open your Color library you should see an ellipses icon (...) under each Color Theme thumbnail.

* That will launch a menu with "Export As" as one of the options.

* Tap "Export As" then, in the next menu, "Image." As long as you've saved the image associated with the Color Theme, both will save to your Gallery in a combined image. 

Let me know if you're not seeing the options that are in my screenshots. 

Sue. 

Capture.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started using the Capture app. After I save the image, I only see the palette. Not the palette + original picture.How do you get both to appear (swatch + palette)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for bringing this to our notice,. On Android, this is indeed broken currently. We are looking into it and have logged an issue at our side to look into it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thanks for your reply. Actually, I have an iPhone 11. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. 

Sorry you're having trouble finding this feature. 

I've attached  a couple of screenshots; they are from the iOS version of the app

* When you open your Color library you should see an ellipses icon (...) under each Color Theme thumbnail.

* That will launch a menu with "Export As" as one of the options.

* Tap "Export As" then, in the next menu, "Image." As long as you've saved the image associated with the Color Theme, both will save to your Gallery in a combined image. 

Let me know if you're not seeing the options that are in my screenshots. 

Capture Team. 

Nitesh5FCE_0-1620837684543.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I see that. But when I click on theme, and then click on image I see this message:

Source image unavailable because it is not saved on this device, or because it was captured on a different device. 

What am I doing wrong? I am going to post screen shots in two minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_0975.jpeg

 

IMG_0976.jpeg

 

IMG_0977.jpeg

 

IMG_0978.jpeg

 

IMG_0979.jpeg

 Here are my screenshots. Thank you for your help! I'd like to stay with Adobe before I try another app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear User,

We are sorry for the issue you are facing with Capture. From the above screenshots it looks like you need to enable Capture app permissions to access photos. Please follow below screeshots change the Photos access for Adobe Capture.

Please let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

Capture Team

Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 11.58.04 AM.png

Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 11.58.55 AM.pngScreenshot 2021-05-13 at 12.00.00 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines