• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import a pattern from capture to illustrator on ipadpro?

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! Please help me! I have created patterns in adobe capture that I would like to use as vector images in adobe illustrator on my ipad pro, how can I do this ? 
thank you for helping me out! 

TOPICS
App settings , How to , Patterns

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
You can use the following steps to take your pattern to ipad pro.
1. Export the pattern created in Capture in the desired format: pattern tile (PNG) / SVG and save the exported image to files on your device.
2. Then you can import this saved image to the iPad Pro Illustrator canvas by using the import from files. 
I have attached some images to help you in finding these workflows. Alternatively, if you want to use a pattern fill instead of tile, you can use the save to camera roll to save your pattern at desired fill to your device and then use it in Illustrator. Let me know if you face any problems while doing this. 
Thanks,
Nishtha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, you can also use libraries to save your vector pattern and wit AI on ipad click on the picture icon on the left, choose the library and choose the file made with Capture.

I made a video, but the interface is in French. See Patterns when is Motifs and Librarie when it's Bibliothèque 😉

Let us know if it help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,
The workflow shared above definitely works wonderfully for shapes but unfortunately is currently not available for patterns. If you look closely, the asset placed on the Illustrator canvas in the video is a shape, it is the same shape asset that was earlier used to create a pattern, hence the confusion. The libraries import panel in Illustrator currently only lists shape assets. To use your patterns in Illustrator, saving the pattern tile to files and then importing it is the only way.
Thanks,
Nishtha - Capture team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines