• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iPhone storage full, don't want to lose assets

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to delete one of my Adobe Capture Libraries from my phone in order to save storage space but I don't want lose my assets. When I click delete I get the message:

"This will permanently delete 'My Library' and its assets from all of your devices and the Creative Cloud."

There do not seem to be any preferences within the app or on my phone that would allow me to keep the library intact but not store it on my phone. Right now it's taking 1GB but I use Capture frequently so I see it as growing problem.

I was able to download a backup copy of the library on my computer in case I accidentally delete it. I have hundreds of shapes and patterns that I want access to in Illustrator and I am afraid if I delete them off of my phone the library will no longer show up in Illustrator or on the cloud website.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

HI Mich.

Unfortunately, I was right... There is no way to delete/offload Capture assets from your device and still have them accessible for use in other apps. 

I did speak with the product team about this a bit and they agree that with people creating larger and larger libraries that there is a need for a solution that would conserve space on phones and tablets while still keeping assets accessible in CC Libraries.

I'm sorry I don't have a way around this right now.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mich.

Deleting a library from your phone will result in an immediate and irreversible deletion of the library from you're account.

I don't believe there's a way to offload assets from Capture but I've sent a note to the product team and I'll post as soon as I hear back from someone.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be really cool to be able to set a check mark to “sync these libraries” on your device, similar to LR Classic collections.

I wonder though, whether Capture does some kind of smart syncing to conserve space already. There aren’t any settings or indicators of space used by assets, so maybe an alternate would be to have a setting to “limit local storage to XX Mb.”

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI Mich.

Unfortunately, I was right... There is no way to delete/offload Capture assets from your device and still have them accessible for use in other apps. 

I did speak with the product team about this a bit and they agree that with people creating larger and larger libraries that there is a need for a solution that would conserve space on phones and tablets while still keeping assets accessible in CC Libraries.

I'm sorry I don't have a way around this right now.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines