• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need an explanation of Material settings

Contributor ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm writing a book about Adobe Dimension, and am including a chapter about creating materials with Capture. When you create a material with capture, you have the opportunity to modify the settings for Detail, Intensity, and Frequency. But I can't determine what these settings do to the material. Can you provide an explanation for me? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Hi Keith.

Sorry for taking so long to respond. Because I don't use the Materials module much, I had to ask around about these settings. Here's what I was told:

* Frequency changes the surface lighting information.

* Intensity changes the information in the normal map to make the surface texture higher/sharper or lower/smoother.

* Detail relates to the level of rendering detail in the surface image.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you need more detail and I can try again.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Keith.

Sorry for taking so long to respond. Because I don't use the Materials module much, I had to ask around about these settings. Here's what I was told:

* Frequency changes the surface lighting information.

* Intensity changes the information in the normal map to make the surface texture higher/sharper or lower/smoother.

* Detail relates to the level of rendering detail in the surface image.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you need more detail and I can try again.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines