Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No transparant background by creating brushes

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I downloaded Adobe Capture and was looking forward to make my one brushes with it. But it does not work like it should.

I follow the manual to make brushes: put the wanted item in my screen, push the little circle for making the background transparant and click to make the picture. What I get then is a normal picture with the white paper in the background. No transparecy.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5. Is this a known problem? Does someone know how to fixed this?

I really want to make my one brushes in this very handy way!

Thank you.

Henny

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Henny.

I just heard back from the product team. This is apparently a bug and will be fixed in the next update... which, I think, is scheduled to be released in a few weeks.

Hang in there.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Henny.

I'm sorry you're having trouble. I have a few questions:

I'm not familiar with the ability to save a brush with a transparent background; on which screen are you seeing that functionality?

What type of brush are you saving (Ps, Ai, or Sketch)? And, are you then trying to use it in one of those apps?

Please let me know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

In Adobe Capture you can create your one Adobe brushes. See this video Create custom brushes for your artwork |

You can see that his brush has a transparant background from the beginning. ( I don't think it is the best instructive video, but you can see the transparant background) Mine phone does not do that. Yes, it does, untill I want to go further in the creating proces, then the background is back in the picture.

In this: Adobe capture CC (mobile app)- Tutorial/walk through - YouTube  video you can see someone make a brush ( begins at 12.08) It take a while, but at 13.24 you can see what happens when he takes the picture. In my picture the background is not white/grey blokked, but the real background.

I really hope I have made myself clear... English... pff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Henny.

Your English is great actually.  And, yes, this part I totally understand.

What I was curious about is in which app are you using the brushes that they don't work like this? (The brushes should all work like this in Illustrator, Photoshop, or Ps Sketch.)

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I WANT to use them in photoshop, but that will not happen as long as I cannot create them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2018 Mar 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Henny.

I don't have this checkered background either. In iOS or on Android. I've dropped a note to the Capture team to see when that "changed" in the app because I just don't remember it ever being there.

Have you tried creating a brush even with the background? Once you tap the shutter there are settings to enable you to refine the parameters of the brush.  Or have you tried and you don't like the results?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Sue,

A brush with a background is absolutly not usefull... Allthough mostly not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O, I forgot to thank you for dropping my question with the Capture team Seu. I found it very hard to find a place to ask my  question, so I hope they will have the right answer

Henny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Henny.

I just heard back from the product team. This is apparently a bug and will be fixed in the next update... which, I think, is scheduled to be released in a few weeks.

Hang in there.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

O, I realy hope so Sue.

Thank you for asking!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines