• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to use Adobe capture

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've been having this issue for months and months now, shortly after audio was introduced in capture. I cannot use the app at all. I've deleted and reinstalled it a thousand times, and each time when the app opens the Home Screen will briefly load, then it just crashes and I csn no longer even see the Home Screen at that point. This is really dissapointing as capture is one of my favourite apps and I miss it lol. I have no idea what to do about it. I'm using an iPhone 11 Pro for some reference.

TOPICS
App settings , Brushes , Colors , Export , Materials , Patterns , Performance , Shapes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Discohoe,

We apologies for your inconvenience and would try to help you at our best.

Can you first please share your device details like iOS version, your country/region & your email ID that you are using to sign into Adobe Capture?

Also could you share if you are able to login into other adobe apps like lightroom, rush etc as well as are you able to access your assets on asset.adobe.com?

Regards,

Arihant Jain

Capture Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also we have been continuously rolling out the Adobe Capture updates and the latest one is 8.1.5 with more stability and bug fixes, could you install this latest build and share if you are seeing any error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arihant, thank you for the prompt reply. 
I'm currently on iOS 15.5, iPhone 11 Pro, I live in Canada and my email that I use to login to my Adobe account is

[email removed from public forum]

No issue with any other apps, all my assets are visible and avaible to me on the website and creative cloud app. 
I will download again with the new update, hopefully it works! I'll screenshot what happens if it does occur again and report back.

thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arihant,

just following up here. I downloaded the app after my last message and unfortunately encountered the same issue. I also have a brand new iPhone 11 that's never been used, and I turned it on and set it up to see if maybe it was just a problem with my current phone. Unfortunately it also happened on the new iPhone. I've attached a video of it happening on that phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add that both my 11 pro and this new 11 get very hot when the app is launched

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Discohoe, 

We sincerely apologise for the issue you are facing. To get in more details, our engineering team members would like to personally follow up with you. We will contact on your above mentioned email. 

Regards,

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abhishek, I believe we briefly communicated via email at first, then i was to download the beta version of capture and see how that went. I'll copy and paste my last email sent about the problem I faced as well with the beta. I've unfortunately never received a response since.

I just downloaded the beta app. I had to try and log in a couple times but It eventually worked. Things were going smoothly at first, all my libraries started to load (which wouldnt  happen on the regular app), and my phone wasn’t overeating like it typically would upon launching the app. After waiting a few minutes for everything to load however, the app unfortunately crashed and I’m brought in the same loop as the regular app - I’ll force quit the app but no matter what it will no longer work after the first crash. I recorded it happening for some reference. 

I’m doing this on my iPhone 11 Pro, but I also have a brand new iPhone 11 I can maybe test the beta on. However I had the exact same issue happen on that phone with the normal app as well. But I’ll give it a shot to see.

(I tried on the new iPhone 11 and encountered the very same issue 😞 )
Here's a screen record I took 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Discohoe,

Can you please try out the latest version 9.1 of Adobe Capture on App Store. Also, please share the iOS version of your device. If you still face the crash, please send us the Crash data from your phone to AdobeCapture@adobe.com.

Follow the steps to send the crash data. 

1. Go to phone settings
  2. Tap privacy and then Analytics & Improvements
  3. Go to Analytics Data
  4. Click on the latest Capture crash file and send. 

Regards,
    Natasha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Natasha, I've downloaded the new version but still am facing the same issue problem. I sent a crash report to the email as well. 

Something I did notice this time however, is if I don't sign into Adobe capture, limited features like shapes and looks and a couple other are available to use. I tried shapes without being logged into my account and faced no freezing or crashing whatsoever, it was working very smoothly. This leads me to suspect me logging in to be the problem. Would it possibly be due to having a lot of files to load on my account causing the crashing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Discohoe,

Sorry for the incovenience you've faced. We haven't received the crash report yet. We request you to share your email so that we can connect there to better understand and resolve this issue.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Natasha,

Strange, it seems like it did send. However I believe I found out the issue. I logged into my old Adobe account which has nothing on it, no assets, subscription etc, and this worked no problem on Adobe capture. No freezing, crashes or anything. So my best guess is due to the amount of files and libraries I have on my main account, it causes capture to freeze up and crash. I've figured a work around this, I use the old account to create assets (brushes, shapes etc), save them to a library which I follow on my main account so I have access to the assets I've created. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines