• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why aren't my Capture patterns seamless?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have watched multiple videos on YouTube about how to use the Capture app to make patterns, and they all say the patterns are seamless. However, mine are definitely not seamless. What am I doing wrong? I'd appreciate any suggestions! I'm using Photoshop CC2018 and the updated app.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Folderolgirl.

Will you send me a screenshot through Capture's in-app feedback of what you're seeing in Photoshop? (Tap the gear icon in the upper left corner of the app then Send Feedback.)

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folderolgirl.

One of the forum regulars (Semaphoric​) posted these instructions on a post (Repeat tile) quite some time ago and they always work for me.

Hopefully they'll work for you.

Sue.

If you're using Photoshop CC, you can do this:

* Open the Libraries panel in Photoshop, right-click on the pattern you're interested in, and choose "Create Pattern Preset" from the pop-up menu.

* Now look in Edit > Presets > Preset Manager and choose Patterns for Preset Type. Find the desired pattern, and hover the mouse over it. You will see the dimensions in pixels of one tile. NOTE: you must have Show Tool Tips checked in the prefs to see this.

* Make a note of these dimensions, and click Done. make a new doc with these dimensions, and Edit > Fill, Contents = Pattern, choose your pattern, and click OK. You will now have a doc with a single tile in it.

* Pasting that tile repeatedly into a new Ps document will I think get you the endlessly repeating pattern you're looking for.

(Note: Most patterns created with Capture are one of only a few different sizes, depending on if the patterns are rectangular or hexagonal, so you can set up some New Document presets for these sizes.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response. I tried this, but I don't seem to have "Create Pattern Preset" when I right-click on the pattern in my Library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folderolgirl.

Are you on a Mac? On a Mac it should be Control-Click.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'm on a PC with Windows 10.

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 3:54 PM Sue Garibaldi <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Folderolgirl.

Will you send me a screenshot through Capture's in-app feedback of what you're seeing in Photoshop? (Tap the gear icon in the upper left corner of the app then Send Feedback.)

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines