Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color book numbers not aligned

New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, 

New user here. I've got both physical and digital versions of the Pantone Bridge Coated color book here and when I use Adobe Color (on site), pick a few colors and look for Pantone simularities, I get Pantone numbers that do not correlate to actual usable Pantone numbers in Illustrator or the physical color book. I've made sure both Adobe Color and my Illustrator have the correct color book selected.

Any help is appreciated! 

TOPICS
Color properties

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

The Pantone Books in the CC apps have not been updated since CS6. If you want up-to-date swatches Pantone is now providing the free Pantone Connect extension. Here‘s a thread with an overview:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/missing-pantone-color-indesign-cc-2021/td-p/12006156

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you picking the colors using PMS numbers or are you choosing them visually off the monitor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob, 

Thanks for your quick reply. I'm picking colors in Adobe Color, then click on 'similar Pantone colors' and read the PMS numbers there. Then enter these in Illustrator using the same color book. But its a hit-or-miss situation. Most 4-digit numbers cannot be found so I think theres a mismatch between the numbers presented by Adobe Color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post an example?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Pantone Books in the CC apps have not been updated since CS6. If you want up-to-date swatches Pantone is now providing the free Pantone Connect extension. Here‘s a thread with an overview:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/missing-pantone-color-indesign-cc-2021/td-p/12006156

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will be helpful if you can share the exact pantone book, color number etc., so that we can check on this difference locally as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Syed, There are many Pantone colors not included the CC applications’ .acb books, but which can be accessed via the new Pantone Connect extension, for example 2148, 2170, 2381

Screen Shot 9.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, thanks Rob for additional information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines