Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color issues

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using my Epson ET-2850 for sublimation printing with Hippo Sublimation Ink. I am having an issue with printing colors from Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, I am not sure if this is due to the printer or my settings in one of these programs.

I primarily design shapes in Illustrator as CMYK and import them into Photoshop as CMYK (generally saved as PDF) for adding text or other elements, I print from Photoshop. However a lot of my colors do not come out correct and/or dull. I am using CMYK color codes when designing and I use a Hippo ICC profile, my settings are below

- Epson ET-2850

- Hippo ICC Profile and Ink

- Paper type = Premium Matte paper ( I use the Sub A4 paper)

- Color quality is set to high

- Color correction is set to custom and I have tried both "No color adjustment" and "color controls" but both provide poor results

- My printer is brand new, only ever had sub ink in it, print heads and nozzle tests come back fine and my screen has been calibrated

D271073701805_0-1668359213311.png

Does anyone have any suggestions on why I can't seem to print correct colors. I realize the colors on my screen won't be exact on print but they shouldn't be this dull or completely off. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

How have you made these CMYK codes? They are going to be WAY different on your printer, compared to a printing press. CMYK is not generic. If you don't have a specific profile, the general rule is to work in RGB, because the wrong codes are worse than unhelpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How have you made these CMYK codes? They are going to be WAY different on your printer, compared to a printing press. CMYK is not generic. If you don't have a specific profile, the general rule is to work in RGB, because the wrong codes are worse than unhelpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I think you nailed it, this whole time I would design in AI as CMYK, import into PS as CMYK and print from PS as CMYK with an ICC profile selected.

This must have been causing some weird converting on the colors cause as soon as I tried designing in RGB as you suggested and printed with an ICC profile, I was actually seeing truer colors to what my monitor was showing. I was over complicatingthe process thinking everything had to be CMYK palette.

Thank you so much! I truly appreciate your time and help on this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines