• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

icc profile COLOR.ADOBE ?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What icc profile does color.adobe.com use? Or better to ask, which icc profile is the CMYK numbers of this site based on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

I do not believe the CMYK values are based on an ICC profile.  The RGB Values are based on sRGB but the CMYK values have no basis in any global standard ICC Profile.  Closest I came was using CRPC-7 but the gamut of the CMYK values is even that standard very large CMYK print space.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not believe the CMYK values are based on an ICC profile.  The RGB Values are based on sRGB but the CMYK values have no basis in any global standard ICC Profile.  Closest I came was using CRPC-7 but the gamut of the CMYK values is even that standard very large CMYK print space.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question that arises is what is Adobe's purpose in providing cmyk code?
This code changes for each print, so why does Adobe provide this code?
Maybe it has a special purpose and application, please someone answer my question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You ask "The question that arises is what is Adobe's purpose in providing cmyk code?"

yes,

I'd like to know the answer to that, if, as Bob states, the CMYK values are based on no specific ICC profile what use are those CMYK values? 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines