• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Readout from color sampler to Arri RGB LED fixtures

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m looking into transferring the color codes for a specific RGB color tone to a typical LED fixture - so that this fixture can reproduce the same color tone with exact value of hue, tone and saturation from it´s LED fixture. Does anyone have experience with this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, you will need the SPD of the LED fixture and the RGB values and color space for that set of RGB's  What is the goal problem you are trying to show in this calculation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently I´m wating for my gaffer to get well, so we together can try out the theory with the actual LED fixture and see if we are able to get the aquired result. I´ll get back with a post of how it played out. Thanx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's important to realise that red, green, blue colours aren't standard. So the "same" RGB colour will look different on different devices. You can't just pick a colour in a sampler app and assume it will be what you want when displayed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So this is the core question I guess - referring to what you just commented - the color space used in Adobe Kuler, I assume is Adobe RGB. I think Arri have the possibility to set values according to the Adobe RGB Color space. If not how can I translate this color space values into another color space to replicate the exact same colors? Does it exist a platform/program that does this transformation? 

This might be everyday knowledge for some, but first time for me - hence the post on this forum - and thanks for your understanding. //T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines