• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scheduling an Instagram Story / Reel not accepting static JPG images

Contributor ,
Oct 11, 2023 Oct 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was really excited to learn at Max that you can now post Instagram Reels and Stories from Express. However when I try to create an Instagram Story using a static JPG image I get the following;

“Instagram accepts 1 video in MP4 or MOV format to publish to Stories. Try switching the post type to "Post" for more flexibility”

Instagram DOES allow static images to be posted as Reels and Stories.

Is this a bug, or will I be stuck using Facebook scheduler for Reels / Stories? Thanks - CES

Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 11.45.43 AM.png

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Scheduler , Social Media

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Evan,

We are sorry for your difficulties. I recommend referring to the Helpx article, which discusses media specifications for social media posts. Please check the specifications for Instagram and let me know if this information helps you.

https://adobe.ly/46MYpUC

Thank you,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately the “Media specifications for social media posts” Article doesn’t remotely address the issue…

Instagram / Facebook allows STATIC images to be used when you want to create a “Story”. However when trying to create a Story using Adobe Express you get the error “Instagram accepts 1 video in MP4 or MOV format to publish…” This is NOT TRUE, it is for a Reel but NOT for a Story!

The Instagram App or Meta Scheduler work’s perfectly fine using .JPG’s when creating / posting Stories but NOT Adobe Express.

Image.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have the same problem. Have you managed to solve this problem?Screenshot 2023-11-20 at 22.47.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately… NO!

I try every few weeks but I always have to go back to Facebook Scheduler to post a Story., which I would really preferer NOT to use! But at least it excepts static images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, posting static images to Stories is not currently supported, only videos. You can vote for this feature request here: https://adobeexpress.uservoice.com/forums/954550/suggestions/47370773 and you'll be notified when work starts on this. 

Thanks!
Andy

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very critical. I was very upset when I saw this on my first day of using the app. I bought a subscription specifically for the purpose of using it in stories. The content is 50% photos and you can only post videos 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the answer 

Votes

Translate

Translate