• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

“Your Download Is Complete” — Annoying unnecessary message.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest versions of Brave Browesr and Chrome on Mac OS X Catalina. 

I have been using the background removal part of the Adobe Express service for the past few days because of a personal project, and whenever the processing is complete and I press the Download button, yous system displays an unnecessary dialog box with the message, “Your Download Is Complete.” In at least Brave and Chrome, the browser dialog box for selecting the exact folder and choosing a name for the processed file appears after the aforementioned dialog box generated by your system has become visible. If I have not even selected the exact folder and name for the file whose background has just been removed, then how can your system deem that the download has been completed? It’s extremely annoying to see repeatedly as both the browsers, Brave and Chrome, display even the folder selection dialog box after the appearance of this message. If the intention is to communicate that “Your File Is Now Ready For Downloading,” or “The File Processing Is Complete. You Can Download It Now,” then you can do that in an extremely unannoying manner by keeping the “Download” button in an unclickable or disabled state as long as the file is being processed, and while the file is being processed, show a progress bar right below the disabled “Download” file button. I would deem that a much better alternative to that dialog box that your system keeps displaying if a person is processing a lot of files.  

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Desktop Web , Image Editor

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

@irfan_surdar

We're sorry for the delay. Are you still experiencing this issue? If yes, could you please share the screen recording of the issue you're seeing to investigate further?

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Tarun, 

Please accept my profosue apologies for the extremely late response. I have been experiencing some sever issues at my end, and I just could find neither the time nor the energy to respond to your message in a timely manner. 

Although your initial fix has solved my problem that it does not show the “Download Completed” box prior to the start or selection of the download destination, however, your latest solution has introduced “Two” new problems. 

1.  Your background removal algorithms have started to fail to produce acceptable results. Prior to the submission of my message, your background removal service was doing an excellent job and removing the backgrounds perfectly, without any problems or issues at all. Now the same service is leaving unnecessary artefacts everywhere. If you would like to see a proof, then I can submit some files to show you the spectacularly below par results which I was not getting before. 

2.  Once the download is finished, Adobe Express automatically opens up a new window displaying the newly processed file “Without” — I have written without in double quotes as your algorithms are now failing and artefacts remain visible everywhere — the background shown in the Adobe Express file editor. Just give the users a link that if they would like to open the newly processed file in the Adobe Express then they can do so using a readily noticeable link. What’s the point of opening another tab and launching Adobe Express in it with the newly proccessed file when the person has zero, absolutely zero, desire to further edit the file in your Adobe Suite of applications? I have miserably failed to comprehend this newly introduced step, and I find it annoying and useless. Just provide the interested parties with a readily noticeable button that they can open the processed file in Adobe Express for further modifications. 

Sincerely, 

Irfan. 

Votes

Translate

Translate