• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Access blocked because of custom brand elements

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot openmy project and I get this message.

"This project has custom brand elements. To edit it, you'll need an Adobe Express subscription, so here's a 30-day trial for you to get to the finish line."

Any idea what to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for reaching out; we hear your frustration. The issue you've described is known, and our team is currently looking into this.

Meanwhile, could you try some of these workarounds and let us know about the findings:

• Duplicating the project and then downloading the new file may help.
  • Try sharing the project with someone else and accessing it via their account.
  • Sign out of all devices and then sign back in to see if it makes a difference.

We are here to help; we need some more information to investigate further.

Your patience is appreciated.

Regards,

Amitej

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here, duplicating doesn't work (same error on the copy), sharing it with someone else isn't a solution (am I meant to ask for their account's password or something? do I go around asking who has an adobe account? It's a personal project anyways, I wouldn't share it) and lastly, I only sign-in via one browser on one device so the last option isn't applicable..

Can someone just fix the bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for my project. 

I haven't used any branded element in it. I was using my images and  free images avilable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for my project. 

I haven't used any branded element in it. I was using my images and  free images available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is still an issue as of May 2023.

Definitely a ransomware vibe to this "bug".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. My kids are doing projects for school and it won't let them edit them once they close them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try opening the project on the phone app, it's what they told me to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. I was able to open my previously blocked project on the app, but it didn't fix the problem on my browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. I created and edited the new project on the iPad, but when I opened it in the browser, it showed "This project has custom brand elements."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for, Jan 24, 2023

I wish there was an option to remove the branded element and rework it, I had no idea that anything I used was "branded"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it won't sync on my phone, this is such an obnoxious user experience, one of the worst dark-patterns I've seen in UX.

"oh you won't pay extra besides your Photography Plan? how about we hold the project you just spent one hour hostage then, hmm, do you like that?" come on, cough up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines