• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug with Merge Video - Only exports audio in left channel

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't sure the best place to submit this but I noticed a bug with the MERGE VIDEO function in Adobe Express.

The .mp4 files generated only provide audio in the left channel - with nothing in the right.

This is too bad since this is such an incredibly useful tool.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DanBennett_SmithCollege, Do not worry, we will check this for you. Would you mind being more precise on this bug? What happens when you merge the video? Do you get any error messages or pop-ups? Also, check if this is a video-specific issue. We do not see any attached screenshots that we could refer to. It will be great if you share the screenshot or a short recording of the issue so that we could reach the root cause or report it to our engineering team. We will be looking forward to your response. Thanks ^Manmeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how to describe it more clearly.
When I use the Merge Video tool, the final mp4 file that I download from Adobe Express has stereo audio and only has audio in the left channel. 

No error messages or pop-ups.
I have double checked this with several videos from different sources and always get the same result. 

I've attached a test video made from two Zoom recordings - both with Mono audio.
As you will hear, the resulting stereo .mp4 file from Adobe Express has only audio in the left channel. 
And you can clearly see in the screenshot when bringing the file into Premiere it only has audio in the left channel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's typical for audio files to have sound recorded on either the left or right track, depending on how the recording was done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The audio channels need to be checked on https://www.movavi.com/video-compressor-online.html or other video editors. It's typical for audio files to have sound recorded on either the left or right track, depending on how the recording was done. Both songs can play simultaneously using the audio effects Fill Left with Right or Fill Right with Left. Even if your audio clips are mono or stereo with both L and R channels and everything appears to be working as it should in your timeline, something could still go wrong when you export. Check out if anything has changed in your audio tab since you last shipped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem as well. The audio clearly comes from left and right channels when I am playing it back while usig the merge tool, but when I download the video then the audio is only from the left channel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same issue. Any suggestions for rectifying this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines