• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copyright on uploaded photos

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I upload my own photo to create a flyer in Creative Cloud Express, does that give adobe any rights to it? (ie is there a clause somewhere that says by uploading you allow adobe to use the photo, or add it to thier stock photos etc).

PS I'm asking because the picture I want to use is something I have one-time rights to. The photographer allowed me to use it for this project, but I don't want to accidentally release it as a stock photo or something 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

No.  It's still your image. 

But anything posted online can be screen captured and used by others if one has a mind to.  If you're serious about protecting your copyright, use Digimarc digital barcoding service to embed your copyright info directly into web images. Unlike regular watermarks, digital barcoding is invisible to humans.  A free Photoshop plug-in can be obtained from Adobe Exchange.  But Digimarc service has an annual fee.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/digimarc-copyright-protection.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  It's still your image. 

But anything posted online can be screen captured and used by others if one has a mind to.  If you're serious about protecting your copyright, use Digimarc digital barcoding service to embed your copyright info directly into web images. Unlike regular watermarks, digital barcoding is invisible to humans.  A free Photoshop plug-in can be obtained from Adobe Exchange.  But Digimarc service has an annual fee.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/digimarc-copyright-protection.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

...is there a clause somewhere that says by uploading you allow Adobe to use the photo, or add it to their Stock collection?

==========

No.  Adobe Stock is a totally separate service.  To be an Adobe Stock artist, you must first become a Stock Contributor.  Submissions must meet high technical & quality standards and be accompanied by signed release forms.  For details, see link below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/submission-guidelines.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines