• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Created QR code at express.adobe.com/tools/qr-code-generator — but it won't scan

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a QR code at https://express.adobe.com/tools/qr-code-generator, but Android cameras don't recognize it unless you go turn on Google Lens.

I tried scanning half a dozen other QR codes around my house, and they all work by just pointing the camera at them.

What's wrong with the Adobe Express QR codes? Is there anything I can do (other than generating QR codes elsewhere)?

Bug Investigating

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Hi all, 

We need some more information to investigate this issue. Let us know about 

1. Android version, device make & model details 
  2. Workflow to generate the QR code, if/what Style/Color are you selecting.
  3. What URL is used for generating the QR code?

Thanks,

Amitej

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
15 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rob,

Welcome to the Adobe Express Community!

I tried scanning an Adobe Express-generated QR code from a Samsung & Pixel device, and it worked fine. Pointing the camera app to the QR code showed me the embedded link. There was no need to go through the Google Lens workflow. 

I'd recommend you update the mobile OS and system apps, including Adobe Express, to check if that makes a difference.

Let us know how it goes.

Best,

Amitej

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For me The Adobe QR Code Generator works fine every time I use it with Android and iPhone. You can try to Update your phone or look if the given URL for the QR Code really works or if there is a character missing or something. Also you can try other URLs to test it on the screen. Hope that helps

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the app and tap.

Select Document as the capture mode. It displays a QR code icon at the top-right corner.

Set the optional settings as desired.

Focus the camera on the QR code that you want to scan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amitej S & everone else.

Thanks for the replies, but suggesting I update my phone doesn't really fix the problem of a QR code not working on some phones. I can't tell everyone who might see this QR code — to update their phone (or in my case, buy a new one because my Android OS is maxed out on my phone) — in order to follow my link. The whole point of QR codes is that anyone can follow them.

I did try a phone running a newer version of Android, and it worked fine. But again, there's no point in using a QR code that doesn't work for everybody.

I tried generating a new code, but the same code was generated for the same URL, so I guess that's out. I guess I'll just have to use a different QR code generator that doesn't have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. My phone registers other QR codes but not one I created through Adobe. I tried other QRs first thinking they maybe an issue with my phone, they worked. Then I thought it might be an issue with the pdf/link itself, so I tried a different generator and that QR generator created a functional code. I think this is an Adobe issue not something to be dealt with on the consumers end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. I generated a qr code through adobe express. Apple devices will scan the code and it seems as if it's going to the right url, but the page will never load. However, if I just type in the url on any phone, it loads just fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Hook Is Working @Madelyn Foley @Rob29060101gtud Thanks for the responses! 
Let me bring this up with the team, and then I'll update here about it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Hook Is Working@Rob29060101gtud @Madelyn Foley,

Please let us know if you're still having trouble with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amitej S Thank you for checking in. Yes, I still have the same issue with phones not recognizing the QR as a QR code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am struggling with this. Adobe if we can fix this it would be great!! I have a Motorola for work and it does not work unless we use google lens. I would perfer to use Adobe QR code maker but it is just not working on all phones. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

We need some more information to investigate this issue. Let us know about 

1. Android version, device make & model details 

Thanks,

Amitej

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2023 Dec 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, @emeliasmith3 @Hook Is Working @Madelyn Foley @Rebecca22921816af2d @Rob29060101gtud, Please let us know if you're still having trouble with this issue. If yes, please drop in the required details for us to investigate.

Thanks,

Amitej 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amitej S , yes the problem is still occurring.

Just created a new QR code, and it's not recognized as such my the camera on my Moto G Power 2020, running Android 11.

The same camera has no problem recognizing any other QR code I've ever found. It's only a problem with Adobe-generated QR codes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Rob29060101gtud,  Can you please share these details for us to investigate?

1. Android version, device make & model details. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello All, we are having a similar issue where the QR Code generated by Adobe Express (JPG or PNG format) is not readable by the Windows 10 camera app. It is readable by cell phone.  Other QR Codes to the same URL are readable from the camera app (version 2023.2312.3.0).    In Adobe Express, I have tried all styles with the same result.  Any suggestions? Our students all created QR codes to their projects only to discover that they are not usable.

Votes

Translate

Translate