• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incompatible file format for Logo Maker - Beta

Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK new to platform. Used the Logo Maker - Beta to create my logo. Found something I liked. Clicked on Download and the downloaded file format is listed as 'File.' Using windows 10 here. 'File' is not a recognized format. In fact I have never seen 'File' listed as a file type. I obviously need a jpg or png format to import this neat new logo I created into Creative Cloud Express or I can't use it. Pls advise. Wondering if this is a bug on the Beta version of the software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

I see, okay, thank you. You are starting here: Creative Cloud Express - Logo Maker (adobe.com)

I get a .zip file to download. Once I extract that file, there are .jpg and .png versions of my logo included in the folder. It's possible your browser is blocking the .zip file as it's seen as unsafe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sam,

Thank you for posting about this. I tried recreating on this issue on my Windows 10 computer but when I did so I got options to save my project as a logos.zip file or in standard image types - .png, .jpg, .pdf. This sounds like it might be a bug but we would need to better understand your workflow in order to recreate it so we can report it to our developers. Are you able to reproduce the behavior? Could you describe the exacts steps you went through, so I can try to reproduce the issue from my side (screen shots would really help too if possible)?

Thanks,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Thanks for responding last week. I have attached a word file with all the screenshots of the steps I took. Most salient is the last one which shows the file type as 'file' when reading the file via windows explorer. don't know how to recognize this file type. Thanks

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sam236507601dvp I'm wondering if you could try another browser? I'm using Edge and not having any trouble downloading or opening a logo template as a jpg.

JainLemos_0-1648397823353.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I use Firefox and can download existing logos just as your screenshot suggests. I have a different problem. My problem only occurs with the Logo Maker - Beta. when I am done creating a logo and hit the download button there is no file choice. The logo is saved as 'File' which is a format I have never seen or heard of and unrecognizable. see my word document above to see the file details in windows explorer. hope this helps explain my conundrum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, okay, thank you. You are starting here: Creative Cloud Express - Logo Maker (adobe.com)

I get a .zip file to download. Once I extract that file, there are .jpg and .png versions of my logo included in the folder. It's possible your browser is blocking the .zip file as it's seen as unsafe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sam for all the screenshots,

I was able to reproduce the issue in Firefox on my Windows 10 system. It seems that Firefox is not able to determine what type of file the download is so doesn't include a file extension. If you rename the file and add .zip to the end of the existing name you should be able to then unzip it and see all the contents, or alternatively, I also tested in Chrome and the issue didn't occur there (as Jain suggested).

I'll report the issue to our developers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks Dave, that fixed the problem. You can mark this thread solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines