• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request - Rulers and Grids in Adobe Express

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love to design things but I am a beginner. An app that has rulers and guides is easier for me to line everything up and ultimately it is one of the factors on which subscription I will subscribe to. If I am able to line everything up the overall creation will be better and helpful in the process.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Taniesha, 

Many thanks for writing to us. We want to make it possible for anyone to create standout content easily. We have introduced Adobe Creative Cloud Express with this vision in mind. You can learn
more and see tips & tricks here: https://www.adobe.com/express/learn/tutorials. We appreciate your feedback and are constantly working to bring you new features." Shows our commitment to the customer experience and that we're listening. Please consider sharing your feedback directly with our engineering team at: https://creativecloudexpress.uservoice.com/forums/329007-creative-cloud-express-feature-suggestion  so that others can upvote too.

Thanks

Manmeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its already 7 months and still no ruler or guide. I guess you guys do listen to your customers. 🫣

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was surprised at this given Canva can do it. for shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i would love to see Grids and ruler, plus a easy way to bring my images and store in a folder that i can have easy acess to it

thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only for aligning elements in a design are rulers and guides helpful but rulers are needed simply to see how large of a document you are working on. Being able to switch units of measurement is also so helpful with rulers: millimeters to inches, even picas and back again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, PLEASE add rulers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2022 Nov 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need rulers so bad, might have to switch platforms if they don't get added soon 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed.  I find the fact that there is no way to measure or align things, very challenging and for this reason I flip back to Canva almost every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2023 and still no ruller or guide lines, so disappointing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually use Canva (free) for its good designs, but dont want to pay, because I have Adobe and full access to Express. So sometimes I ends up in Express, where I can get the detailes like lines, boxes and stuf. I wish for better looking templets and RULERS AND GUIDE LINES! Please make it happen! 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In full agreement with other commenters, Express needs rulers!

Coworkers in different departments here use Canva while I use the full Adobe Creative Suite, including Stock. We want to port them to Express rather than Canva because of the Stock availability, but certain missing features (like the ruler) prevent me from choosing Express sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone!

Thanks for sharing your feedback about the much-needed ruler feature. Your input is genuinely appreciated!

Please vote here (if you haven't already) to catch our engineering team's attention, as this feature is #LongOverdue. 😞

Let's show our support and hopefully implement it as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your fantastic support!

Lyn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love express and I hate Canva. But something both tools are missing are rulers and guides. Or the ability to show a grid. At the very least just something to show the rule of thirds on a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, couldn't agree more.  The team has been made aware by several people.  There are work arounds, using shapes and lines to help with layout or searching for grids or lined/grid paper in Desing Assets and using that as an overlay.  Not a solution, just a work around.  Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm about to switch platforms because of this issue. It's been nearly a year since someone brought it up here, and it should be standard in any sort of design software. And to boot, I just contacted help about this and the person said they would help me, then didn't answer, then didn't, then sent me to some closed office and disappeared without giving me a chance to respond. Frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @laurak11512052
Thank you for sharing your feedback.

You're not alone here, and I understand your frustration.

Would you mind helping us by voting?

I'm trying to encourage as many users to vote to highlight its importance to our product team to implement this as soon as possible.

I appreciate ❤️ any help,

Lyn 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, but this is such a basic thing, the product team should have figured it out by now. We're not asking for some cool gimmick (which might justify a vote, I guess), but a basic digital design tool. I'm really kind of shocked they didn't think of it already. I recently got Adobe Express and for a while couldn't believe this feature is missing. And if the product team hasn't started working on it yet (and hasn't even decided to, apparently), then I guess I need to find a better designed program. I like many of the AE features, so this is really a pity...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must be able to see that asking your existing users to 'up vote' such an essential feature is pretty ridiculous. Having rulers and guides in a design program should be a given, not something a product team needs validation or encouragement on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is absolutely ridiculous that this wasn't a basic element to this program. And even more upsetting that this was posted almost a year ago and nothing has been done. I've been using Express for only 3 days. Restarting Canva Pro already. Such a shame. I expected much more from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add Rulers and Grids options to Adobe Express! It will take your app to the next level

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. To be legit in this space this is a necessity. Love the app but this is a base feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RULERS AND GUIDES ARE SORELY NEEDED. THIS IS SO STANDARD, I CAN'T BELIEVE WE NEED TO ASK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing frustration about not having rulers and guides or grids. I'm placing text on an arc that needs to be a circle that is concentric with another circle, and it's really difficult to get the centers aligned. Former Adobe employee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this NOT a baseline feature? I have never used any kinds of design tool that doesn't have rulers, all the way back to PrintShop! How in the world are you supposed to line things up and measure designs for printed projects?! Adobe is supposed to be IT in design. Pathetic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines