• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why Adobe Express is so slow on Desktop for Mac?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm used to working with Adobe Suite, but I only started with Adobe Express some weeks ago. I'm so frustrated with this app! It is so slow! You can find on Reddit people complaining about the same, but nobody addressed the elephant in the room here. Something you could do on InDesign in 5 minutes will request at least three more times. You cannot visualize the animation because it is so slow. I tried to see if it was because of my Mac. I updated my Mac, closed all the applications taking a lot of memory, cleared the cookies, etc...still the same! Not everybody wants to work on the Ipad or the iPhone!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you have a lot of other browser tabs or windows open? You could try closing them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, which browser are you using? What happens if you try a different browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Myra, I seem to be having the same problem. Adobe express is excruciatingly slow. I have tried closing all browser windows, ive tried chrome, safari and mozilla. Everytime i zoom the page goes blank. The app always asks me to refresh not saving the previous 5 mins of changes. The images appear and then dissapear, fonts don't always load.  Im on a macbookpro m1.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try restarting your computer.

I'd also recommend signing into the Creative Cloud Desktop app. If you are already signed in, then try signing out and back in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shouldn't have to download an app at all whatsover, that's the entire point of using Adobe express.

This is not a helpful fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here on desktp (i prefer working on desktop..is that old fashioned or something ?) ...Adobe not Express at all, very buggy ...takes ages to delete, copy or any mouvement... really like to have all ressources (images, shapes etc) at hand, but it's taking way to long to edit just 1 visual ... tried different browsers with all tabs closed..but I will have to go back to indesign or illustrator..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I prefer desktop, too. Big monitors FTW! 🙂

And I'd recommend the same for you as what I suggested for Panagiota22312900ajyg:

You might try restarting your computer.

I'd also recommend signing into the Creative Cloud Desktop app. If you are already signed in, then try signing out and back in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Myra,

Like everyone else I have major problems with Adobe Express, specifically when generating Infographics.  I believe the problems that myself (and everyone else) are experiencing relate to the quantity of additional layers being added to an Express project, alongside Express trying to suggest design changes and saving the project after every single update and of course the software being web based.  I am supposed to give training sessions to staff at the University I work at which I don't feel comfortable doing because I know Express will grind to any almost halt as the infographic is worked on. 

I also want to state the following before the suggestions are made. 

• I have tried to restart the software and computer system multiple times over the past days, weeks and months which makes no difference (including signing out and back in). 
  • I have tried to use the web-based versions of the software in multiple browsers (Chrome and Edge) as well as the version of Express that can be downloaded via the Windows market place.
  • The specification of the system is more than enough to efficiently run the software (i5, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD etc.)

Many staff are using Canva which seems to resolve almost all of the problems they are experiencing with Express.

What recommendations do you suggest to resolve the above problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to reach out to Adobe support (this is a user-to- user forum. I'm a fellow user of Adobe Express who volunteers my time to try to help. Adobe employees have the Adobe logo on their profile pic and their status shows that they're an Adobe Employee):

I also found a thread on Reddit where a couple of Adobe Employees where responding to the same question:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to post an Adobe Express website without the loading bar in the beginning?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2023 Dec 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry for the delay. Could you please let us know where you are posting the website? 

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarun,

www.stevebarbershop.com 

Hosted by godaddy. When I added Headlines and subheads, the site loading slowed down even more. 

Thank you for your reply!

Best,

Faun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I contacted Adobe yesterday, and they told me that the reason why it's so slow it's because this app requires, AT LEAST, an internet connection with an upload of 30 Mbps, while mine was only with 10. I upgraded my Spectrum services with the max speed (30+ of upload).  With a real Mbps between 25 and 35, I experience an improvement, but it is not at the speed that it needs to be to work quickly. The only option left is fiber and 5 G, if not forget about working fast with Adobe Express!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fiber internet speed offers 250-1000 Mbps of quality upload speed, 20 times faster than cable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you! this is so helpful! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the same problem with 100 Mbps ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Chrystele,

We are sorry for your difficulties. Please try any recommended browsers (such as Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Safari). Try clearing the cache/cookies of the browser and then try accessing the Adobe Express application.

Please let me know if this helps.

Thank you,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done all the above, the app is still incredibly slow on mac on ANY browser.

My internet speed is 350Mbps, for reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Express, also known as Adobe Photoshop Express, is a photo editing software developed by Adobe. If you're experiencing slow performance with Adobe Express on your Mac, there could be several reasons for this:

1. Insufficient System Resources: If your Mac has limited processing power, memory or storage, this could cause Adobe Express to perform slowly. You can try closing other applications and freeing up system resources to see if this improves performance.

2. Large File Sizes: If you're working with large image files, this can slow down Adobe Express on your Mac. Consider reducing the file size or resolution of the images you're working with.

3. Outdated Software: If you're using an older version of Adobe Express or your Mac's operating system, this could affect performance. Make sure you're using the latest version of Adobe Express and update your Mac's operating system if necessary.

4. Hardware Issues: If your Mac is experiencing hardware issues, such as a failing hard drive or overheating, this could affect the performance of Adobe Express. You may want to take your Mac to an authorized repair center to diagnose and fix any hardware issues.

5. Graphics Settings: If your Mac's graphics settings are not optimized for Adobe Express, this can affect performance. You can try adjusting the graphics settings in the software or your Mac's system preferences to improve performance.

If none of these solutions improve the performance of Adobe Express on your Mac, you may want to contact Adobe's customer support team for further assistance.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Express is the problem, not us or our computers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im with you 100% on this. The new upgrades have made it unbearable to use. I closed it down after 5 minutes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, it is so slow it is almost unusable. Not what I am used to with Adobe products. Would love to see a solve otherwise I may have to switch to Canva.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is taking me 3 or 4 times as long as it used to.  I have the fastest internet and updated Mac everything.  Adobe please address this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stopped paying for Canva because of Adobe Express. It was great at first, but is just unusable at this point.

It's so painfully slow. The literal free version of Canva is better than Adobe Express.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines