• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can’t my students use icons in their videos anymore?

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Spark videos, my students have always been able to search the icons to add them to their slides. Now nothing shows up for them. They have to either use text or photos. What happened?

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Hi Emily,

Thanks for reaching out, and sorry for the experience with the Creative Cloud Express/Spark Video. This shouldn't be happening.

Would you mind sharing with us the workflow? Is there any error message that pops up? Also, it would be great if you could share screenshots?

Meanwhile, could you please try updating the app to the latest version and try the mentioned steps:

1. Select the project that has to be worked upon.

2. Tap the add option, then the Icon or other options as required.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emily,

Thanks for reaching out, and sorry for the experience with the Creative Cloud Express/Spark Video. This shouldn't be happening.

Would you mind sharing with us the workflow? Is there any error message that pops up? Also, it would be great if you could share screenshots?

Meanwhile, could you please try updating the app to the latest version and try the mentioned steps:

1. Select the project that has to be worked upon.

2. Tap the add option, then the Icon or other options as required.

This will give you multiple icons, and you may choose any of those.

Please refer to the screenshots.

AmitejSandhu_1-1648483051195.png

AmitejSandhu_0-1648483027765.png

We are here to help, let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Amitej

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emily,

When you say "nothing shows up for them", what exactly appears in the app? Is that you tap to insert an icon, enter a search term such as "rabbit", and then get no results? If so, is there an error message that displays? Please share a screenshot of what you see when you try to add an icon.

With Internet connections in schools, there are sometimes restrictions on what servers can be contacted. If possible, try using Spark Video when connected to an unrestricted network, such as your home network or a public library, and see if you can add icons. If that works, please give us a contact with your school's IT department so we can work with them to configure access to the services required by Spark Video.

Thanks,

Greg (Adobe Spark Video Team)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They type in a term to search for an icon, and it's just blank. There is no error message. This only happens on the student ipads, not on mine, so I am unable to test on another network. Here is a screenshot of what it looks like when I searched for "book" on a student's ipad. 

It could be our filter, but then I don't understand why photos would show up! Very puzzling.

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emily,

It would be better if we move this conversation to private email, if you don't mind. You can contact me directly at dow@adobe.com

Thanks,

Greg (Adobe Spark Video Team)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my icons menu is also suddenly missing. now there is a shapes menu but icons are gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

In the current version of Creative Cloud Express, on both web and mobile, the "Icons" items has been replaced by "Shapes". "Shapes" includes all the same content as the former "Icons" feature, and adds more content.

After selecting "Shapes", search for a term just as you did with the former "Icons" menu. You will get a grid of items that contains what was formerly called "Icons".

Greg

Adobe

Gregory98A1_0-1649964763303.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines