• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Adobe Express slow and why does it lag?

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I work on Adobe Express I have issues with the server lagging or being extremely slow!!!

Adobe Express has major issues how slow the site is I honestly do not know how it has not been addressed yet. Simple tasks like changing tools causes to server to slow and you end up waiting minutes for it to load. Most of the time you end up reloading the website and often lose work.

Zooming is my biggest problem with this site. When you zoom it glitches and causes a duplicate of your work to appear and you are forced to reload the webiste, EVERYTIME. When working you are constantly zooming in and out to see details and then the full scale again so this makes it nearly impossible to use the site. 

I really love do love Adobe Express for its simplicity and yet still being able to produce quality graphics and creatives. The ongoing problems with the site however have made me utilize it less and less. When I do I usually end up disappointed or frustrated midway and switch over to Photoshop or Illustrator. 

Hopeyfully they can figure out a solution to finally resolve the issue. Sadly I will be done using it until then.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try closing other browser tabs while you're using Adobe Express.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but this issue has nothing to do with the browser windows. Even with one browser window, it is just buggy. Besides I run it on a very powerful machine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any solutions, just here to agree with you and hope they pay attention. I also use Canva which does the same things and is MUCH faster. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About to start using Canva. Besides the lag, if you have Adobe Pro it claims you have premium and can use premium/crown photos which you can't and the reps basically tell you to buy a Creative Cloud account and go pound sand. Canceling my subscription ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a similar post where the person contacted Adobe Support (this is a user-to-user forum) and got some information that might help:

TL;DR: Support said that the app requires an internet connection with an upload of 30 Mbps, but they had only 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 350Mbps Download 350Mbps upload, with 1ms latency fiber, from service provider coming right into my basement. Are you really telling me that this is not enough? Have you used Canva and noticed any difference? 

You can be sitting right in Adobe's Datacentre and it will still be just as terrible.

Given the type of 'head in clouds' 'ivory tower' replies I see here, cancelling my sub for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about this. Could you please let us know when exactly does the app gets slow? Is it happening when you use any specific feature or over all?

We're here to help, just need some info.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overall, when loading, when zooming in or out.
Express is a great tool but a pain to work with.

Thank you,
Lili

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Could you please elaborate more on this to help you further? We're here to help, just need some info.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not so much to elaborate. Everything you try to do in Adobe Express is toooooo slow, as generate images from text, move pictures, resize pictures, open new project... it means EVERYTHING. Impossible to work, I give up... backing to canvas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I really want to use Express over Canva but everytime task I do is soooo slow in my MacBook Pro M1 Screenshot 2023-10-24 at 8.02.04 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Restart your computer to refresh available RAM. 
  • Disable non-essential background processes.
  • Clear your browser's cached content with Ctrl/Cmd + F5 or Ctrl/Cmd + R.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tryed all of that. Sometimes is not even responding to simple commands like share 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2023 Nov 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to get some help so I can finish my projects, I reported this slowness as a bug twice but there is no help. My issue is some of the images don't show no matter what I do! They don't display in the editor. I just see a loading icon. But they do display in the Adobe Cloud in a separate tab. They also display in my library. So there is a problem with the editor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, it started to be impossible to work with in the last month, it was quite good before but now it's just anything you do has some kind of input lag instead of responding in the nano sec i need to wait few secs you can't work like this, it doesn't matter what internet connection you have it's the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ранее заметила, что приложение не открывается когда включен VPN. Однако оно едва погружается и без него. Ну просто невероятно долго!!! Порой часами. Все остальные приложения работают в обычном режиме.  Не 0очется ничего менять, но, боюсь, придётся искать другие варианты. Очень жаль. Я только привыкла после Canva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Even on a high-end PC with top-of-line CPU, RAM, and GPU it still runs like it's 80 years old. The browser doesn't seem to matter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I've closed the browser and reoopen, nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oddly enough, it seems to work way faster on my Mac than my PC. PC, I've tried multiple browsers and still, it's very slow. Currently I can't even get it to start a new project, it's just stuck trying to load.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me, is there a way to turn off auto save in Express ? According to my experience it lags when I make too many modifications all of a sudden and the auto save keeps running

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're working with large image files, this can slow down Adobe Express on your Mac. Consider reducing the file size or resolution of the images you're working with. Outdated Software: If you're using an older version of Adobe Express or your Mac's operating system, this could affect performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image files that are going round in circles for me are only 400 - 500KB, they just aren't loading - it's horrendous, what a shame as I've been using it for a number of years.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @shellski2001 

Could you please provide more details and a screenshot?

- Are these images you uploaded from your device or Stock images?

- What's the url of your Express file (from the browser's address bar when the file is open)?

A separate post would be preferable since the issue your are reporting does not seem to be a performance/lag issue.

Thanks

Abhi G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't even started a project on my pc and it's already lagging. I have a better experience on my mobile but I prefer to use my Lenovo it would be faster to produce multiple pages, or so I thought. At this point I think I'll stick to canva.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines