• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Worked for hours, now can't download file in Adobe Express

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have worked for hours today creating a poster for use in a project with international colleagues on a USAID project to pilot test in Zambia a method of helping African Universities improve their internet connectivity and improve their local ICT infrastructure. I used a base template that was for a flyer and started adapting it for my purposes. Finally at the end of the day, I had a poster that I was pleased with. (See screen shots of the final poster). But when I went to download it (as either a PNG or PDF), I got a cryptic message that the download had failed because you were not able to license all Stock content. (See screenshot of error message). It suggested replacing the offending item with something else: Stock asset ID #342247417. Now I had to figure out what that offending asset was. I then spent about an hour isolating each element in the poster, deleting it, and then trying to download the file — and each time I did that, I got the same cryptic error message. I would then do a command-Z (undo) which restored the graphic element in question, and would progress to the next element in the poster and repeat the whole process again. Each time I would have the same result. Finally after an hour of tedious testing, I had gone through this process with every individual element in the whole poster to absolutely no avail. This is a terrible user experience. Unless someone can show me how to correct this situation and get a downloadable high quality file for my poster, this will not only be the last time I ever use Adobe Express, I intend to share my miserable experience with others on social media. So, please help me if you can. Thanks, Paul Hixson, Univ. of Illinois
TOPICS
Desktop Web , Exporting and Sharing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @PaulHixson 

Sorry to hear about this experience. I will forward the request to help identify the offending asset, but may not have answer until Monday.

In the meantime, could you check if this post helps? https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-express-discussions/asset-can-t-be-licensed/m-p/14485697#M14932

Thanks

Abhi G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Abhi G,

Thanks for your quick reply. I did go to the post you pointed me to and went to the link where one could look up License history. I put in the number and did get an answer (of sorts) to at least identify the offending license item, but I’m enclosing an additional screenshot with this email that you can add to my case. There are 3 very odd things about this now. They are:

1. The added in question is not a graphic element that I used in the final flyer/poster (see screen shot)
2. But even if it had been used this screen shot shots that the same item on the first line of the license history indicates that it has the following usage terms: “ETLA without Stock” — which I presume means that it can’t be used without additional payments. - but on the very next li9ne it indicates that this item is “included in your plan” and identifies me as operating under the profile of “University of Illinois”
3. And like I said, regardless of whether I am entitled to use that graphic or not, I actually hadn’t used it.

So I followed the link to “generate a license” and after I had done that the blue checkbox next to the first entry went unchecked.[Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 12.18.57 AM.png][Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 12.35.16 AM.png]
Then, I received an email from Adobe (screen shot below)[Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 12.38.09 AM.png]

I did click on the download license record.

When I went back to my document in. Adobe Express and tried to download the file, I still got the same error message as before.
[Screenshot 2024-04-20 at 12.41.32 AM.png]

I could understand this if the asset in question is one that had great monetary value and I did not have rights to use it, but in this case, neither of those things are true. The item in question was not used and if it had been it doesn’t have great value — and to top it off, due to my University profile, I should have the rights to use it anyway — AND YET I STILL CAN’T DOWNLOAD THE FLYER/POSTER I CREATED.

I hope that you and your colleagues can use the information I have provided to let me know how to drive a silver stake through the heart of this particular bug.

Thanks,
Paul Hixson, University of Illinois

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @PaulHixson 

The screenshots in your latest post did not show up, so I will send you a private message for follow up.

But a quick note here: the issue has almost certainly nothing to do with your plan or usage rights.

What's happening is that the asset itself had to be removed/suspended from the Adobe Stock collection because of an issue like copyright violation, content moderation etc.

More in my private message.

Abhi G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @PaulHixson 

Could you double check that you are not using an asset that looks like:

AbhiGADBE_0-1713808418744.png

Thanks

Abhi G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2024 Apr 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Aghi G.,

Your email which arrived at 12:54pm today had the following text:

[Adobe Express Bugs]<> Re: Worked for hours, now can't download file in Adobe Express<>

Hi @PaulHixson<>

Could you double check that you are not using an asset that looks like:

Thanks

Abhi G

Reply | Upvote<>

There was nothing between your request and the closing “thanks”, so I’m not sure what you were asking, but as I think I indicated in an earlier reply the issue is now resolved, Please look in the conversation thread for the details I reported there,

Thanks

Paul Hixson, University of Illinois

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines