• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using my own image as a 'structural reference' the Firefly-produced images cut off, every time

Enthusiast ,
May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using my own image as a 'structural reference' the Firefly-produced images cut off, every time.

For example, I drew an illustration of a piece of equipment - Firefly just zooms in on the middle and does a great job, but cuts off ends - no matter what I do....

TOPICS
Imaging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 29, 2024 May 29, 2024

Hi @Hugh Betcha,

The aspect ratio of the structure reference and the generated image have to be exactly the same. To my eye, they do not look exactly the same. Please edit the structure image to match what you are using in the generation.

My best,

droopy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Hugh!

Can you post your structure reference and what it is producing?  Also what effects, camera viewpoints, etc..,

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefly result (cut off sides)Firefly result (cut off sides)Original DrawingOriginal Drawing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - I used the 'widescreen' setting after the standard - still cut off....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you also use the keyword "wide angle" in the prompt? Can you perhaps post the prompt?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefly promptFirefly prompt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Hugh Betcha,

The aspect ratio of the structure reference and the generated image have to be exactly the same. To my eye, they do not look exactly the same. Please edit the structure image to match what you are using in the generation.

My best,

droopy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@droopydog500 @droopy, thanks - if I make my original image 16x9, it works! I guess the 'structure' needs to be the exact same size as the specified aspect ratio.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines