• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Active fonts not displaying in Adobe apps

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I activated some fonts and used them in both InDesign and Illustrator. Went out of town for a week, turned the computer off, and now the fonts are no longer there.

I went to the fonts website, and all the fonts were still active. I closed all Adobe apps, then unactivated and reactivated the fonts hoping that would work. I tried activating a font I didn't want, but it didn't show up either. Why would my fonts disappear? Can I get them back? One is essential for an ID project I'm working on.

If it matters, I'm on an iMac with latest software and latest version of CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Hi csjcsj,

I'm sorry you ran into trouble here. I would take a look at our font activation troubleshooting document: https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.html There are a few steps there that usually solve these issues.

Let me know and we'll take it from there.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if the fonts can be used by other non Adobe programs.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are non Adobe programs? It's about all I do on the computer these days.

No, not available in Pages either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Adobe Fonts (formerly Typekit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi csjcsj,

I'm sorry you ran into trouble here. I would take a look at our font activation troubleshooting document: https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.html There are a few steps there that usually solve these issues.

Let me know and we'll take it from there.

Cheers,

Benjamin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Turned out the suggestion of opening the creative cloud app fixed the problem. When I searched the Adobe support site, I was pretty specific with my search. Never occurred to me to go broader to type problems. It's what I get for being a librarian - we always start searches as specific as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the reason why the fora exists and people like Ben, Adobe Type monitor these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue but when i try to click the link you sent, an error pops up saying,

"Error 404: Page not found.

This page isn't available. Try checking the URL or visit a different page"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines