• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding Variable Fonts to Web Project

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues adding a variable font to a web project.

It doesn't matter which weight I select, the only one I'm able to add is "extralight" (see screenshot).

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if this is a bug.

Can anyone help with this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Welcome to our community forum, we are sorry for your difficulties as you are unable to Variable fonts in your web project. To help you understand more about Variable fonts and how to use them in Web Projects, we have an article link created, Please refer below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/using/using-variable-fonts.html

Please let me know if this helps you and resolves your query. We hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neelam! I actually read this before I posted. Didn't help unfortunately. 🤷‍:male_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris, I see there is a check box which is checked it says " Massilia Variable Extralight", could you try unchecking that box and see if that helps? Please refer to the below image:

Neelamk_0-1677085544261.png

We hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Neelam. I tried that too. I attached a short video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this with several fonts btw – I run into the same issue with all of them. 🤷‍:male_sign:

Any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Yes, unfortunately, the problem is affecting several of the variable fonts and family detail pages right now.  The default style name is being shown in the web project workflow instead of the font family name. It’s only an issue in how the name is displayed, though.  The web project that you are creating has the full variable font file in it, and you will be able to apply any of the preset styles and/or custom axes values in their website CSS. We are sorry for the confusion and are working on updating it.

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for checking this Neelam!

I've tried to use it in Webflow but I only have one weight and none of the variable font options available there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

We will check and keep you posted about any updates.

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richardson,

We are sorry for your difficulties. As we informed you before the problem is affecting several of the variable fonts and family detail pages right now.  The default style name is being shown in the web project workflow instead of the font family name. It’s only an issue in how the name is displayed, though.  The web project that you are creating has the full variable font file in it, and you will be able to apply any of the preset styles and/or custom axes values in their website CSS. We are sorry for the confusion and are working on updating it. We will keep you posted.

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any updates on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Neelamk Can you please confirm whether or not it's possible to use Adobe fonts in Webflow projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, can you please give an update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Craabit  @anenglishman @richardson_joel ,

This is still in ado to list for our engineering team, it will be done soon, not a specific date and time provided though. I have notified our concerned team o make it happen sooner. I will keep you posted.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing the same problem. I am using Obviously - Variable font on webflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sam298860671roe @Craabit @anenglishman @richardson_joel , 

Could you please help us to know if you still have the same issue? Could you try using the Chrome browser or Safari browser and check if it works?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened a ticket regarding this and got this reply:

Thank you for your time and patience. At this point, there is no available timeline regarding when this issue would be resolved.  We are working on this and would share updates soon.

My ticket was then closed. Nice 😉 Hard to update me if the ticket is closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked in Chrome no change. I'm sure a company who makes this:

"Adobe revenue for the twelve months ending February 28, 2023 was $17.999B, a 11.5% increase year-over-year.", can afford a Webflow account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

Yes, there are some other changes and updates that need to be done in the backend. Once it is done, we will keep you posted.

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it still doesn't work. 

There's gotta be someone on the dev team who can get their manager to sign off on a Webflow account to test everything on every browser available, no? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is ridiculous. Let's get this working please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"We will keep you posted"

Do you understand what that means... It means informing us of its progress and estimating when it can be achieved. I think what you mean by "We will keep you posted" is " We know about it and when I hear anything I will let you know, even if that months away". It would help if you were on this, actively reporting. Once a few weeks pass say to yourselves "I should find out where this is and update our CUSTOMERS". I other words doing the job you are meant to be doing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2023 Jun 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

@anenglishman @Craabit @tjmcwhiskers @BTNG @ryanh29763649

Yes, we know about it and checked with the team. Could you please check once and let us know if it is working as required? I verified the fix is in place. All of the families mentioned in the community thread are corrected. Both Massilia Variable and Roc Grotesk Variable are (still) working correctly.

If you still face issues please let me know the variable fonts you are using and causing issues. We hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Neelam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines