• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding webfont to wix

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to add a webfont to my wix site. 

I've tried adding the code to the <head> of the custom code section on Wix but it hasn't changed anything. I'm not a coder so any help would be amazing!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I am not sure how you will add web fonts to Wix site. I would suggest contacting the Wix support team to help you: https://support.wix.com/en/article/contacting-wix-customer-care-for-support

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to figure this out too, thanks for posting this.

Is there a way to pay to download a font so I can upload it to Wix for a client? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I am not sure how you will add web fonts to Wix site. I would suggest contacting the Wix support team to help you: https://support.wix.com/en/article/contacting-wix-customer-care-for-support

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great suggestion, Thanks mucho!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Unforutunately I have already tried that and they said that they can't offer help on third party code. I have also contacted adobe support but they only ever send the font guides which don't help in this situation.

Maybe @DominicWilliam  if you get a good reply you could let me know? 🙂

Thanks,

Tierney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe code is not written in Javascript, so it doesn't work in Wix because Wix reads Javascript. Unfortunately Adobe mislead us by claiming their code could be used in websites, when a more accurate statement would have been "we have created an HTML based link to adobe Typekit" the truth is even when it works it will still slow down performance because of the flawed approach taken towards it construction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this reply.  It just saved me so much time trying to figure out how to get it to work!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe approach uses css and css is industry standard. If your provider does not support customizing as that, you should change the provider.

See this for Wix: https://www.wix.com/velo/forum/coding-with-velo/using-uploading-custom-fonts-from-adobe

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a question of what "the industry standard" is. It's an issue of limiting the number of external calls the site needs to make, on load. Adobe could remedy this by making the fonts available for us to download. The way they've chosen to go about this is unsound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2023 May 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since Adobe isn't providing clear instructions about Wix, (or other CMS platforms that don't support their HTML code on the website licensing page upon providing the type kit code), font foundries are having to do extra work to contact people who are using their fonts on Wix websites asking that their fonts have the proper licensing fees paid. It's inconveniencing the Font Foundries to have to chase after people, and the people who don't have any solutions.  Adobe should either provide another option with a licensing embed code that allows for use on Wix with some license key using an API, or something, or they should add the link to every respective font foundry when producing the web use license embed code, so that users know that they have to pay an extra licensing fee with that respective font foundry to avoid any infringement issues. Adobe shouldn't be phoning this one in. They can do better, IMHO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines