• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Additional filtering and sorting options for Fonts

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I tried to see if this has been mentioned before and I could not find another post about it (possible I missed one tho!)

I am looking for fonts for a project, and in particular was tring to filter down to Serifs with Italics in their families. However, I could not figure out a way to tell from the Search Results view if a family has italics: seemingly the only hint is the number of fonts in the family, and the preview type seems to default to Upright or Roman for most Fonts. 

Since I am getting 300+ results right now, I would love to narrow it down. Perhaps there is some sort of filters for Italics/Obliques (or Reverse Italics/Obliques!)? Or sorting by the number of fonts in families so I can look at Super families first? Or another creative solution for whittling down this large subset 🙂 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could swear I'd seen an answer to this previously, but I'm not turning anything up on search, either. However, from what I can see on the fonts.adobe.com website, it is not possible to search for which font families include an italic version or for how many fonts are included in a family. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi LinSims!

Yup, I tagged this as "Missing Feature" because it was the closest to a "Feature Request" tag I saw here. 🙂 

I am thinking with how big the font offerings have gotten, more filters could help users narrow down results; I know for example, My Fonts has filters for Slant of a typeface and also # of fonts in a family.

It's rad that Adobe offers so many type families on offere these days, and I was thinking more filters could help me narrow results faster someday! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines