• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Font Adobe Kaiti Std R installed on a wordpress.org site displays random characters wrong

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe Community

Hope this is the right forum for Adobe Font support for web.

I'm developing a wordpress.org site mostly in english but with chinese characters for transcriptions. I have installed  Adobe Kaiti Std  which is working swimmingly for most of the text and then it randomly displays one character in a different typeface, like an override  - see high lighted text below screen grab

image.png

I thought there might have been hidden word doc junk, so have cut and paste into notepad and check the source code and nothing seems out of place 

adobe type kit issue.JPG

I went back to Adobe Fonts to check that the character actully works in the sample text and it's fine - these are common characters

Checked the browser - chrome and firefox - and get the same issue

See error on this page: https://ourchine.managedwp.com.au/red-printed-incense-stick-packaging/

Looking back at  - Adobe Fonts  - project section: Adobe Kaiti Std

font-family: adobe-kaiti-std, sans-serif;

- see screen below - it has "All characters" greyed out - is there anyway to get this option switched on? ... and will this fix the issue?

adobe type kit issue -all characters.JPG

I'd be greatful for any help on this one

Cheers

Kira

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 11, 2022 Aug 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We apologise for the delay. I want to let you know that we have identified the issue and are looking for a solution. We'll keep you updated if there are any updates.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Tarun

Thanks for getting back to me, any idea if this is still being worked on?  or any solutions?

regards,

Kira

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By the way, you may install other plugins that can benefit users even for convenience. This is a different story, particularly if the website is powered by Wordpress. Information on the subject can be found at https://motopress.com/blog/best-wordpress-coming-soon-plugins/ . I hope you find it as helpful as I did because I learned about a number of plugins that are slated for Wordpress resources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so dope

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines