Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Font Commercial Use and Ownership

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am seeking assistance re Adobe Fonts for commercial use:

1. Can I create my business logo using Adobe Fonts and have it placed on a physical product for sale? Ie on shoes, clothing labels, etc for use for an indefinite period of time? Does the status of my Creative Cloud subscription impact this?

2. Is there a way to purchase an Adobe Font to have exclusive use of it?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Hi @n1q9019Please read Adobe's Font licensing information sheet here: Font licensing (adobe.com)

Can I use the fonts to create a logo or other images? Yes. You can use the fonts in any desktop program (such as Adobe Photoshop) to create images or vector artwork, which you can then use for any purpose. This includes generating a PDF, EPS file, or bitmapped file such as a JPEG or PNG. 

The status of your Creative Cloud subscription would be necessary if you use activated (synchronized) Adobe f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @n1q9019Please read Adobe's Font licensing information sheet here: Font licensing (adobe.com)

Can I use the fonts to create a logo or other images? Yes. You can use the fonts in any desktop program (such as Adobe Photoshop) to create images or vector artwork, which you can then use for any purpose. This includes generating a PDF, EPS file, or bitmapped file such as a JPEG or PNG. 

The status of your Creative Cloud subscription would be necessary if you use activated (synchronized) Adobe fonts. But once your logo artwork is created, that file is yours. If you don't have the font installed on your local computer, then you wouldn't be able to make any changes involving that activated font if you no longer have a CC subscription.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by purchasing exclusive use. Do you mean exclusive only to you? For logo and branding use, I think it's better to select a font and then use Illustrator to customize the individual letters through outlining and subtle character shape changes to make the look unique to your vision. I hope that's helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jain!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exclusive use: as soon as a font is in Adobe Fonts, any of Adobe's millions of subscribers could have used it. It's far too late to be exclusive. The same with any font on sale. To get exclusive use of a font you'd need to approach a font foundry to have it designed. Designing a font can take months so this is expensive and usually only done by large publishers or enterprises. Much cheaper to have a logo designed by an expert, asking him or her to create unique typography.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines