• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fonts Activate even when Disabled in CC App

Participant ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When our Macs are started up or rebooted, Adobe fonts will auto-activate several fonts (some appear as activated in the "Manage Fonts" dashboard online and others will appear as activated in Suitcase/Connect) even though the Adobe Fonts toggle is disabled in CC app, and all of our Adobe apps have auto-activation disabled. None of these fonts should be activated. This happens before any Indesign/Illustrator/Photoshop files are even opened. This happens on every Mac on our team. With Adobe Fonts disbaled within every app, and in the CC app, why are they still forcing themselves to activate? We primarily use Google Fonts, and Adobe Fonts forcing activations of their versions of the same fonts only cause issues in our workflow. Is there a way to COMPLETELY disable Adobe Fonts?

Monterey 12.5

Connect (Suitcase) 23.0.4

All CC apps current as of 8/9/22

TOPICS
Activation , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear about your difficulties. Could you please share the screenshot of what the affected users see in the Creative Cloud Desktop Application under the services > Adobe Fonts? Also, please share the affected user's Adobe Id with me via private message.

You may also try uninstalling the Creative Cloud Desktop Application by using the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner tool

& then restart the device and install it again.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tarun, please see the attached example of what is typically seen on restart.

As you can see, Adobe Fonts is disabled (it is also disabled inside the preferences of Illustrator and Indesign).

The Adobe Fonts dashboard shows Roboto and Poppins active. I never use the Adobe Fonts versions of those fonts, I only use the versions available in the Google Fonts API in Connect/Suitcase. Yet, within Connect/Suitcase, several other fonts show as being active, even though they don't appear on the Adobe Fonts dashboard. In order to get those fonts to deactivate, I have to manually deactivate them from Connect/Suitcase and/or Adobe Fonts dashboard, then enable Adobe Fonts in CC App, and then Disable Adobe Fonts in the CC App. This is a daily process, when I restart my Mac or shut it down for a period of time, they reappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I wanted to add that the support team at Extensis believes the issue is "Adobe Creative Cloud not removing the fonts from the cache folder when they are disabled."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your response. If you've already tried clearing the font cache, could you please share the logs from your machine to help us troubleshoot the issue you are seeing?

Please use the Adobe Log collector tool to generate logs:- https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html & you may upload it to any cloud storage and share a download link with us via Private Message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines