• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fonts APIs not integrating + Very rude customer support.

Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Fonts are unable to integrate to my Webflow project, after creating 3 different APIs and waiting more than 12 hours it has been completely unsuccessful and the CDNs haven't been updated for me to work on this website.

not working since yesterdaynot working since yesterday

After reaching customer service I had the not pleasant fortune to chat with three Adobe Customer Support agents who didn't have a single idea of what an API was, nor cared to read that I already tried many things I found in the Adobe troubleshooting guides. My last resort was clearly CS.

They kept on switching me from one agent to the other, the second agent kept on sending me dead links and even urls with several Typos (He didn't even knew the right Adobe Fonts URL) and finally he ended the conversation telling me to go check on the APIs website.

Screenshot 2020-06-22 at 13.34.59.pnggood job mate!

I got pissed off and asked the next one how can I report this,

Screenshot 2020-06-22 at 13.46.45.pngat least he understands..

The only thing I could get from three agents whose english is not ideal and who work in a rude manner is that they are being underpayed as it happens to many Customer Support Employees. Adobe should be able to train and respect their CS agents no matter what. However I believe the staff is not well trained when it comes to Adobe Fonts issues.

So! after the comedy section...

Still not being able to use Fonts.

Does anyone have the same problem?? Is webflow known for not accepting APIs? Any advice would be well received.

Cheers!

TOPICS
Activation , Missing feature , Missing font , Offline font , Sync issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

I had the same issue with Webflow, and fonts never loading after entering the token.  I also had trouble finding anyone with the same issue as ours - strange.  I feel your frustration! 

Turns out, you need to create a project name for the font first on Adobe's end before it will appear on your project.  So, on https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts, you will see an embed </> icon under each font-family - click on that:

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 10.00.34 AM.png

After clicking, you want to add a title to the 'project' in the popup window up top:

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 10.00.22 AM.png

 

Af

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue with Webflow, and fonts never loading after entering the token.  I also had trouble finding anyone with the same issue as ours - strange.  I feel your frustration! 

Turns out, you need to create a project name for the font first on Adobe's end before it will appear on your project.  So, on https://fonts.adobe.com/fonts, you will see an embed </> icon under each font-family - click on that:

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 10.00.34 AM.png

After clicking, you want to add a title to the 'project' in the popup window up top:

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 10.00.22 AM.png

 

After doing this, the project name suddenly appeared in Webflow for me:

Screen Shot 2020-12-02 at 10.03.37 AM.png

Not sure why there are no directions that outline this on the Webflow videos, but there it is!  Hope that works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCHHHHHH!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, but what is the API code for the project? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Adobe Fonts, click on your profile picture and there should be a link for API Tokens. Open that and there should be a page where you can generate the number. You then copy this into the setting of your site under Fonts. There is a dialogue box Adobe Fonts further down the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines