• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fonts constantly deactivates…

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I reinstalled whole computer but before that I regularly signed off my account and reinstalled system and Adobe Creative Cloud and its apps I needed to use. But when I opened InDesign or Illustrator, documents in which I had fonts used by Adobe Typekit were not synchronized. I partly resolved it with deactivating and then activating fonts in ACC preferences. It lasts for me sometimes few minutes, sometimes few hours but deactivates again. I tried to reinstall it also but with no result. Only way to activate them again is to switch Adobe Fonts toggle again off and on. Is there any permanent fix for that? Im using Mac OS Catalina

TOPICS
Activation , Missing font , Offline font , Product issue , Sync issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Only solution working for me is when Adobe installs after clean installation of MacOS Catalina, it mostly doesn't work, so to prevent bugs from crappy Adobe you need to make new account under Mac OS and under this it will work as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same issue and it's unbelievably annoying. Not to mention time consuming because a simple task takes 5 extra minutes to accomplish. Currently I do the same thing you do - and still looking for a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I been having this deactivated fonts issue since TypeKit it frustrates me. And now what's more annoying, when I access the desktop Adobe CC app, I have to click reactivate the fonts one by one. No option to reactivate all. I'm pissed off and wish there's another company who will stand up and beat Adobe. They have been leading the design app market for too long they feel too secure to fix stuff like these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, font keep deactivate.. worse still they remove the font and i have to replace hundred pages of document. This is unnecessary add up time on me and my client project, and why the need to reactivate font everytime i open the document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only solution working for me is when Adobe installs after clean installation of MacOS Catalina, it mostly doesn't work, so to prevent bugs from crappy Adobe you need to make new account under Mac OS and under this it will work as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain this more? I don't understand what you mean by making a new account under Mac OS...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the delay in response. Please see this article: https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/mac-help/mtusr001/mac on how to create a new account under macOS.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to add to this stream my own frustrations — fonts I use everyday are turned off by Adobe stating "It looks like you haven't used some of these fonts in a while." And there's no way to turn off this "feature," as far as I can tell. If anyone knows how, I'm all ears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have this issue.

The three dots menu in the upper right corner of the Creative Cloud window (next to 'Browse more fonts' button) has the option to "deactivate all fonts not in use". Have a look if there's something turned on there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I checked. There's an option to "deactivate all fonts" or "deactivate all fonts not in use," neither of which I want to do. I want fonts not to deactivate (especially not on deadlines, where minutes count to the printers :).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding my own thoughts here. Adobe CC is constantly deactivating fonts that I use often, saying "I haven't used them frequently" and even deactivating only some fonts in a certain font family. Most of the time, the fonts still say they are active in when I go to redownload them in the Typekit so it takes a lot of time messing with activating and deactivating fonts until I am finally able to reactivate all the fonts on the design end. These issues are causing me anywhere from minutes up to hours in delays. Especially when working offline or in areas with bad service, it can take hours for the fonts to show up in Illustrator, Indesign, or whatever program I am using. I don't know why Adobe decided to incorporate this feature as I we can go deactivate fonts ourselves if we don't want them in our Typekit anymore. There needs to be a way to disable this feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just ran into this for the 2nd time because I'm not a huge Adobe font user. It took me a hot minute to even realize what had happened when my website started showing up in all weird fonts because I only had one style of a certain font family installed (manually, outside of Adobe), and the rest that I had installed via CC were suddently deactivated.

Adobe, I don't care what you *think* is a good idea. I'm the customer. I pay the $60 a month for your software. I want the option to disable this "feature" you claim is an optimization. I think we all know why it exists in teh first place, and it's not to help the customer at all. Get rid of it, or add a toggle for it. Registry edit, UI switch, I don't care.

This is ANNOYING beyond belief and makes absolutely no sense to anyone but you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are sorry for the trouble. We would like to inform you that the Adobe fonts that have not been used in over 150* days need to be reinstalled for use in older Creative Cloud and third-party apps. Creative Cloud keeps apps running smoothly by periodically cleaning up fonts that you don’t appear to be using.

You can quickly reinstall fonts on the Adobe Fonts website by clicking the cloud icon next to the font name in your Active Fonts list. Once the fonts are reinstalled, they will show up as usual in all your font menus. 

We recommend keeping Creative Cloud software up-to-date for the best font experience.

Please see this page for more details

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, teh documentation tells us of the 150 day period. My contention is that whether this limit is applied and fonts are deactivated should be a user choice. Maybe I don't care if it has been 300 days since I last used the font and would rather not face the prospect of finding it missing next time I do decide to use it.

I know it can be quickly reactivated, but that's not the point. I shouldn't have to if I do not want to. Make it a toggle switch in the app settings. Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add, whether you agree if it should be my choice or not - what if I'm offline when I find the font suddenly missing and cannot do my work? It's just a poor choice by Adobe to force this on the user. End of story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Chris. I got your intent and thanks for sharing your feedback. I will ensure to share your feedback with the team for making improvements in the future.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harshika - I just had Ed's Market Script deactivate 3 days after using it. Not cool. For those of us that use your product every day, time matters. Minutes, seconds matter. Can we get a fix, or an option for a choice at least? Eesh.

Thanks

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our company had new logos designed for each of our locations. The Gineso font family must be used on all inter office posters. The entire font package uninstalled itself after last using it a week previous. Luckily I found this thread so I could fix it. Had to repair the installation of Creative Cloud to do it but it's finally fixed. My bosses are older people and do not understand this at all. It has not been fun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2022 Oct 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really agree with Chris and have been discussing this font problem with friends over the past few days trying to figure out why carefully chosen fonts keep dissappearing. This is a terrible feature which is causing a lot of wasted time, confusion, frustration and loss of income basically for your client base and needs to be fixed immediately. It's also a quite "selfish" feature because it affects so dramatically third-party apps. Thanks for waging corporate war through us and please fix this now, it's really messing with my and many other peoples' work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotta push back on the 150-day claim. I use Arno Pro practically every day. And it seems like at least once a month it becomes deactivated. Now, if you mean, "150 days using an AdobeCC app," maybe that's correct, but that's a terrible policy.We turn to Adobe partly for its excellent font library, completely apart from the CC apps. And yet even fonts I bought ages ago, bought separately, from Adobe, get deactivated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's lack of actionable response on this proves only 2 things.

A) They don't care that it's a problem for their **paying customers**.

B) They're not going to change anything.

As it is, if I need a font, I will go out of my way/pocket to acquire it somewhere ELSE. Cannot rely on Adobe products. If I could ditch Illustrator/Photoshop and still receive client files, I'd be done with Adobe in a heartbeat. This is pathetic. Utterly and unjustifiably anti-customer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This response does NOT solve the issue, and it is also UNTRUE. Fonts are often removed in LESS THAN 150 days. Asking professionals to take extra time to search out and reinstall fonts regularly is simply outrageous. To allege that this is a "feature" designed to improve performance is an insult. As professionals, we are all well aware of the need to keep our font libraires lean. PLEASE ALLOW US TO DO SO. Give us the option of disabling this function. A simple reminder, a pop-up window that says: "You haven't used these fonts (listed) for awhile. Should we remove them Y/N?" would suffice; with NO ACTION TAKEN to remove fonts unless explicitly allowed by the user.

COME ON, Adobe. You're supposed to be about helping creatives get more work done, faster. This is a direct impediment to our ability to work, and an insult. Access to the Adobe font library - FOR 3RD PARTY APPS - is a primary reason many of us are here. This issue has dragged on for years now. Stop treating us like children and FIX THIS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup, it is exhausting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quickly 😂😂😂

Me after spending 2 hours reactivating fonts - yeah, that is very quick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines