• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fonts constantly deactivates…

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I reinstalled whole computer but before that I regularly signed off my account and reinstalled system and Adobe Creative Cloud and its apps I needed to use. But when I opened InDesign or Illustrator, documents in which I had fonts used by Adobe Typekit were not synchronized. I partly resolved it with deactivating and then activating fonts in ACC preferences. It lasts for me sometimes few minutes, sometimes few hours but deactivates again. I tried to reinstall it also but with no result. Only way to activate them again is to switch Adobe Fonts toggle again off and on. Is there any permanent fix for that? Im using Mac OS Catalina

TOPICS
Activation , Missing font , Offline font , Product issue , Sync issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Only solution working for me is when Adobe installs after clean installation of MacOS Catalina, it mostly doesn't work, so to prevent bugs from crappy Adobe you need to make new account under Mac OS and under this it will work as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

150 days is FALSE. Everytime I open Photoshop and Illustrator of a file I worked on the day prior I have to reactivate fonts. EVERY DAMN TIME. This is a colossal waste of time.  Whose stupid idea was it to auto deactive fonts we select. Remove this dumb feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Futura for a project, and yesterday it wasn't available anymore. I see it as Active in Creative Cloud, but it's not available in any Adobe apps. I've tried deactivating and then activating it again - all I get are alerts from Craetive Cloud that the fonts are deactivated. I've retstarted CC and Illustrator over and over - same issue prevails.

...and it's not just Futura - it's all my fonts. I even tried activating an entirely new font I've never used before, and I get the alert that it's been deactivated! How's that possible if I've never used it before? It's completely backwards, it's comical enough it makes me laugh, but it's totally stopped my work. Help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noted that this issue has been ongoing since Feb 2020 and I am only just beginning to experience it now in InDesign, I have never had this issue before and am struggling to understand it. I have loaded and reloaded Adobe Text Pro Regular 5 times, and I am at the pointy end of a very large project. I pay as much money as the next person for this software on a monthly basis and at times like this I have to ask myself, 'what the hell are you doing?' Will someone from Adobe please read these posts and ACT on them NOW! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with Sandin! Will someone from Adobe weigh in, please?! Or just stop deactivating fonts. If an individual user needs it deactivated, they can do so. Yeeeesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the same exact problem I'm having. When I go into Adobe Fonts and click activate for a font face, I immediately get a popup from ACC saying "The font [font name] has been deactivated". I can not activate anything and am dead in the water. My coworkers are seeing the exact same behavior too. Has anyone found a reliable fix for this? I've tried:

-reinstalling Illusrator and ACC

-toggling off and back on the Adobe Fonts service in ACC

-reboots galore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @adamb44751580,

Welcome to the community! We're sorry to hear about your difficulties. Could you please let us know the Creative Cloud Desktop Application version you're using? Since when have you been seeing this issue? Is this issue happening with all Adobe fonts or with some specific ones? Have you tried checking the same issue with other Adobe apps?

We're here to help, just need some info.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarun, thanks for the reply. I'm using ACC 5.10.0.573. 

I just tried to activate the font 'Apolline Std' and get the same behavior. I immediately see a message in the bottom right corner of the screen saying 'font deactivated'. In the desktop app, I see the font listed as an active font, but it is not available inside Illustrator or Photoshop or any other app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2023 Mar 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. Could you please share the logs from your device by running the log collector tool? Here is the link: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html.

Once you run the tool, the log can be found from the below location:

• For Mac- ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/
  • For Windows- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\AdobeSync\CoreSync

Please share the log files with us by uploading them to a cloud storage service & sharing a link with us via private message to download the file. We can share the info with the product team so that they can investigate the issue further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarun,

I've shared my log files in a private message. Any help you could provide is greatly appreciated. I suspect that our company's firewall is preventing some fonts from installing, because a coworker is having the same exact issue. When activating a font, she also gets the 'fonts deactivated' message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2023 Apr 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the logs. I would like to inform you that there is an error in the log file which tells that the fonts aren't able to activate because of a setting in the Windows operating system:

Error: [livetype] AddFontResourceEx failed, code=0

Error: [livetype] Failed to activate the font

There is a setting in Windows to block "untrusted" fonts, which will prevent fonts from activating.

Here are the details on how to check whether this is on for your computer:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3053676/windows-10-technical-preview-adds-a-feature-that-bl...

If block untrusted fonts is on in either the Group Policy or the Registry Editor (check both), you will need to either turn it off or change it to the "audit" setting for font activation to work.

Ref: https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-font-activation.html#7Windows10checktheUntrustedFontBl...

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same f**king problem here - everything Adobe touches breaks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jaydoh,

We're sorry to hear about this. Could you please share the logs from your device by running the log collector tool? Here is the link: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html.

Once you run the tool, the log can be found from the below location:

• For Mac- ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CoreSync/
  • For Windows- C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\AdobeSync\CoreSync

Please share the log files with us by uploading them to a cloud storage service & sharing a link with us via private message to download the file. We can share the info with the product team so that they can investigate the issue further.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2023 Sep 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After reviewing the 35+ responses to the original post THREE YEARS AGO, it seems this issue needs to be addressed at Adobe's side and not the user side because Adobe is well-aware of the problem and all systems have different levels and types of security. 

What I really want to know is, what changed in 2020 that started this problem? And how can the millions of Adobe professionals prevent fonts from continuing to deactivate. No one should have to share their logs with Adobe so that only those who complain get the issue fixed. 

I am now going to reactivate our brand fonts again because it's Monday and I have to do this every few days and always after the weekend!

-Mishelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem every single day. Every time I open a file I have to deinstall and then reinstall all the fonts. Even projects I worked on yesterday. Serious time waste - is there a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here, every time I open Illustrator, Photoshop or InDesign. ADOBE, REMOVE AUTO DEACTIVATION! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines