• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fonts - Could not complete your request becasue of a program error

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason fonts are misbehaving. When inside PS and I select and adobe font, it get the error you see in the subject. Sometimes (Origin Font) I just have to select it as the font to use and I get the error. Sometime (Medusa Font) I can actually select the font face but if I try to move it with the move tool...error.

When you click the learn to fix button, it does not seem relevant to this particular issue (a font). I've activated/deactivated fonts a bunch of times. Deleted the font cache. Restarted PS/Computer/Creative Cloud. PS on the latest version. Updated video drivers, etc... Not sure what else to do and unfortunately need the Origins font to complete a project.

And its weird, it just started happening. I was working with the Orgins font and made a file no problem. Went back the next day for some edits and now I get the error everytime. It's also not the file, it's doing it on multiple files, even a blank canvas with just a text layer.

Regular installed fonts have no issue. Just the ones synced for Adobe Fonts.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Duane,

We are sorry for the trouble. We would like to know are you experiencing the issue with Photoshop application or other Adobe products?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. So ok, this is strange... It has not been working the last several days, everything as I described above. I saw your message and thought, let me go try in illustrator.

So I created a new text element in illustrator, typed in some dummy text and then went to my fonts and filtered by adobe font only. I had deactived Origins so only Medusa was activated. So I went ahead and selected that font. Nothing changed. It did not change to Medusa but it didn't report and error either.

So I went ahead and reactivated Origins and tried to change the text to that. It worked! No crash and the font changed. I then tried Medusa again, but it did not change the font. Something wierd there...

So then I went back to photoshop and tried changing text to Origins. It worked! No errors and the font changed. However, if I tried to change to Medusa... error.

Not sure what is going on but something is funky with the adobe fonts synce.

Photoshop 22.5

Illustrator 25.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I should also mention that all my libraries have disappeared. Not sure if this is all related to the new business/personal account switch...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines