• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fonts herunterladen on Windows PC

New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo ich möchte Adobe Fonts herunterladen. Das Programm welches ich nutzen möchte verlangt eines der folgenden Dateiendungen:

- Open Type Font (.otf)

- True Type Font (.tff)

- Web Open Font Format (.woof)

Auf Adobe Fonts finde ich keine Downloadmöglichkeiten.

Kannst Du mir bitte helfen und sagen wie das geht?

Vielen Dank!

MaX

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Max,

Thank you for reaching out. Adobe Fonts are activated on your computer via a Creative Cloud desktop app and can be used in Adobe apps. Would you mind telling me in which application you want to use the Adobe Fonts?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm interested in that matter as well ... I have a CC subscription and would like to use the Adobe Garamond Pro font for my thesis. I'm using TeXstudio, a LaTeX editor, in which fonts can only be implemented by code, which means that the font has to be an actual .otf file on my computer. Is there any way to make that work? I've already been considering writing my thesis in InDesign, but there's no comfortable way to manage references in that program since it's not really designed for that purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If TeXStudio accesses font using standard operating system APIs, it should be able to see and utilize whatever fonts you activate via Adobe Fonts.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, the TeX distribution (TeXstudio is only the editor, compiling works through a distribution like MikTeX for example, I've put that wrong, sorry) doesn't seem to have access to Adobe fonts. I can use whatever fonts show up in the Windows Fonts folder, but my activated Adobe fonts don't show up there and therefore can't be implemented apparently. LaTeX is a very common markup language used for scientific papers, I think many people would appreciate an Adobe solution for that field of work. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Adobe Fonts, the only font formats available on your computer are OpenType fonts.
You cannot select a format such as TrueType or woff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, not quite true!

Although it is true that for desktop use, you are not offered a choice of formats, not all of the desktop fonts are OpenType CFF (i.e., Type 1 Bezier outline-flavoured OpenType). Some, especially those from the early Typekit days (prior to acquisition by Adobe) and fonts acquired from Google Fonts are in fact OpenType TTF (i.e. TrueType quadratic curve-flavoured OpenType) fonts.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines