• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe fonts not active in other sofware...

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The support chat was USELSS, so I am posting here so that maybe someone can help.

I use the full adobe suite of software, as well as a few specialty peices of software. I.E. Flexi Sign adn Print 12 and every so often a few others. I use the adobe fonts as I have paid a small furtune to ADOBE for their softare. I will design something useing Illustrator and then move it over to Flexi to do more design. Everything works just fine. Fonts load like normal, everyone is smiling. THen three months later I will go to open the file in Flexi and it will say the font is missing. I will then cancle out of that and open the file in illustrator and it loads just fine. So I go over to My Fonts on the Adobe site and deactiveate and reactivate the font. Suddenly it is all working fine in Flexi. I found a forum post that I now I am totally unable to find about how adobe will deactivate fonts after they go unused for a certain amount of time. It will leave the font active in all Adobe software, just not in non-Adobe software.

So this all brings me to the question that support chat was either unable or unwilling to answer...

How do you stop Adobe from doing this? Is there a setting that will leave all fonts active regardless of the amount of time they go unused?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I am aware of.  Adobe recommends keeping your active font list short to optimize performance. Every font you deactivate is tracked in your Previously Active tab, so you can easily activate them again at any time.

https://helpx.adobe.com/fonts/user-guide.html/fonts/using/activate-fonts-desktop.ug.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping I would be able to keep using adobe fonts, but this issue is going to make it so that I cannot use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines