• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fonts Update Issues

Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Adobe Fonts update seems to be messing with older files, this file was fine before but now it cant recognize Times New Roman. Is there a way to fix this or are we just going to have to update all of our old files? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

It would be VERY odd for a file to react to Times New Roman. Most people use that font from their own operating system, rather than from Adobe Fonts. In fact, TNR isn't even IN Adobe Fonts.

Have you checked your installation of TNR? Where it is in your Operating System? Maybe try logging out of the Creative Cloud app, temporarily, and test that file with no connection to Adobe Fonts, to ensure whether it's in your system, or related in some way to Adobe activation?

Another possible issue is that T

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be VERY odd for a file to react to Times New Roman. Most people use that font from their own operating system, rather than from Adobe Fonts. In fact, TNR isn't even IN Adobe Fonts.

Have you checked your installation of TNR? Where it is in your Operating System? Maybe try logging out of the Creative Cloud app, temporarily, and test that file with no connection to Adobe Fonts, to ensure whether it's in your system, or related in some way to Adobe activation?

Another possible issue is that TNR is a REALLY old font. I mean, it may have been in your OS for a LONG time, and may be a very old version of the font. It looks like Illustrator is replacing it with something else. I'd suggest going into your OS and looking at the font itself, in your fonts folder. I can tell you that MY version is dated 2018. Please ensure your font's been updated. OR, if this is a realy old file,  please update it to using your newer version of TNR, if you have it.

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to good information shared above, I'd request checking out this help article as well to know more about fonts & troubleshooting.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines