Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Adobe Fonts Used in Office?

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I have a user who uses the Adobe Creative suite.  They got some fonts from Adobe and they see all the variations when using any of their Adobe programs.  However in Word or PowerPoint they only see 5 of the 90 available options.  Should Adobe fonts be accessible from other apps or do they only work when using the Adobe products?  In Windows 10 i see them all installed just thought I'd see how they are supposed to work before digging to much on his system.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fonts are available to all applications, not just Adobe applications. You may need to close the application and reopen same after activating the fonts for them to be visible in font menus.

With regards to Microsoft Office applications, especially on but not limited to Windows, these applications as well as many “enterprise” applications enumerate fonts in a manner that is very different than that done by Adobe Creative applications. Microsoft Office applications typically consider the regular, italic, bold, and bold italic typefaces of a font family to be one font with four styles, i.e. one entry in the font menu with the styles accessed by clicking on the B or buttons in the application.

Perhaps you can provide a example of particular font familes and applications (and on which platform) you are seeing this issue?!?

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the quick follow up. He got the Acumin Pro fonts. Looks like a total of 90 are in this package with various options like wide and condensed. In Adobe I see he has the 5 main ones listed each with sub tree of options. In Word or Powerpoint I'm only seeing the 5 top level fonts. Is there any way of getting all of the options to show in the Office apps? Thank again for the help. Not 100% familiar how the adobe fonts work.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
So it looks like if they grab the font using Creative Cloud on that system it works as it should. However if he copies those fonts to another system that isn't using creative cloud it looks like that's where the issue starts. Adobe products see it fine but Office only see 5 of the 90. Is this font controlled by Creative Cloud? Is there a paid version we could use to distribute to non Creative Cloud users? Thanks again for the help.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines