Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe fonts won't load on Figma

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

Working on a project in Figma and the font i'm using "Sofia Pro" won't load on the project. Tried to de-activate and activate again and still nothing. 

Anyone else faced this issue and managed to solve it?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Hi @Giada5C24,

We're sorry to hear about your difficulties. I'd recommend contacting and working with Figma support and see if they can offer any suggestions as to what is expected for Adobe Fonts + Figma in the web app: https://www.figma.com/contact/

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the delay in response. We would like to know if you are still experiencing the issue with fonts. Does that happen with a specific font or all the fonts?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm experiencing the same issue: in a Figma project, I was using the font Freight Sans Pro (with its 12 base styles), and suddenly, it only allows me to use the medium, medium italic, bold, and bold italic versions. I've tried deactivating and reactivating the font, restarting the computer, but it's not working. In other programs like Illustrator and Word, the font loads correctly with all its styles. How can I resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other infos about the issue: my colleague and I have had the same problem several times in recent weeks. Sometimes it was enough to deactivate and reactivate the font from Adobe Cloud; other times it fixed itself, but we had to wait a few hours or a day. However, we can't wait this long every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a puzzle how it could ever work. Figma is a web app, not a local app. You can upload extra fonts to Figma - but not Adobe subscription fonts (forbidden by license/impossible). So you could buy that Freight font family for each user, if the license allows uploading (check first).  Figma also has its own default fonts described here https://www.figma.com/google-fonts/. Given this it's hard to understand how it works at all, but perhaps Figma support can say. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Giada5C24,

We're sorry to hear about your difficulties. I'd recommend contacting and working with Figma support and see if they can offer any suggestions as to what is expected for Adobe Fonts + Figma in the web app: https://www.figma.com/contact/

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, I haven't been working on that project for months, but towards the end, it seemed that the issue was a lack of "communication" between the Adobe Creative Cloud app (which manages Adobe fonts on my computer) and Figma when the Adobe Creative Cloud app needed to be updated. I would resolve it by updating the app and restarting the computer. I'm not sure if it was just a coincidence, if it only works with that font, or something else, but I was able to resolve it that way for that project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines