• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fonts won't work with Creative Cloud Version 4.9.0.504

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First time posting here; hoping someone from Adobe can help.

I recently discovered that Adobe Fonts are no longer syncing to my Creative Cloud application. I'm able to sign in to fonts.adobe.com in a browser and activate / deactivate fonts just fine. But when I open the Creative Cloud desktop application and click the Fonts tab, none of the activated fonts appear; I just get the attached window that says "Loading Fonts Panel" with an endlessly spinning wheel.

What's odd is that fonts that I'd activated months / years ago in Adobe Fonts (some activated back when it was still called Typekit, I believe) are still available to use in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator. However, fonts that I just tried activating today won't display in those applications.

Here's where I suspect my issues are stemming from, but I'd appreciate an expert diagnosis:

I'm on a Mac Pro Early 2008 running OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6.

I'm on Creative Cloud App Version 4.9.0.504, and using InDesign CC 2018, Photoshop CC 2018, and Illustrator CC 2018.

I realize those things are all old and outdated. I'm unable to update my OS past 10.11.6 given the age of my computer, which I understand means my Creative Cloud application can't be updated either.

What I don't understand, however, is that I was able to activate new Adobe Fonts in the very recent past, and now all of a sudden, I no longer can get them to work! Did Adobe recently completely discontinue Adobe Fonts support for the CC version I have installed? If not, what might explain why?

I'd really appreciate any advice. Thanks!

TOPICS
Activation , Sync issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Hello,

tl;dr: SOLUTION via Adobe Japan :party_popper::

About the problem that synchronization became impossible in macOS 10.11 or earlier (Adobe Support Community – Japan) 

• You'll probably have to run this post through a translator.
  • The text in the screenshots will still be in Japanese.
  • I summarize the steps (in English) below.

---

Thank you to everyone in here. I ran into this a few weeks ago and finding this thread was heartening. Well, as much as an unsolvable, work-interrupting, difficult to work

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I found this problem had recurred since I posted last September and had an Adobe expert fix my computer remotely. I tried this and it worked after shutting down and re starting! Thanks, so much, means a lot to be self sufficient, especially amidst the expectation that we should upgrade our old computers and send them to the rubbish dump!! The waste of technology makes me mad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, yes, yes! Lifesaver

Downloaded the linked files, dropped them in the relevant folders (swapping out the ones with the white 'no entry' sign on) - checked activity monitor for anything running labelled with Adobe, binned them - restarted CC, restarted Illustrator & Photoshop... BINGO!

Why oh why do Adobe not point us in this direction?!! Oh yeah, because it's much easier to say 'buy a new Mac!' and that therefore causes them less headaches. Well, from someone still running an Early 2008 Mac Pro (perfectly fine thanks for asking) I'm very glad I found this post!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! I love you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed my issue too! Thank you!

CC version 5.6.0.788, MacOS Monterey 12.0, M1 MacBook Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just sharing what worked for me from the info posted in here.
My fonts have to work for me to work.

Jeffrey Davis| Freelance GraphicDesign

Adobe Photoshop Certified

envision > create > distribute

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for this, SO HELPFUL!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that this is the fix, and yes I also did not rename the CoreSync folder on step 5. I thought I would let the Adobe tech fix mine, but he could not, when I posted him these links he replied to contact Apple and update the OS, which is not an option.

So be sure to download those patch files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI all.

The fix for this is to Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud desktop, reinstall, and let it update.  

Fonts will re-appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  When this happened I called support and they said buy a new computer and they no longer support the font activation on CC for my version of Mac OS (10.11.6). I asked if they had the older app version of CC I could install and they said no. It just didn't make sense that Adobe would not allow font activation with a paid subscription. I kept searching and this thread finally showed up. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe support logged into my computer and the tech could not fix, told me the same thing, I even posted the link for him to try, but he ignored it. (I admit, I just wanted to see if he could fix it)

So after he told me to upgrade I followed the steps and fixed it myself, glad it worked for you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant glad you got it sorted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fabulous. Glad it worked for you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue of the adobe fonts not loading but on my brand new macbook pro 2020 m1, so it can't be that my software is outdated. I've tried everything I can think of, including removing all of my files in the OOBE file (as suggested by Adobe) but to no avail. Can some please help me out? I'm stuck and I bought this laptop for graphic design so I really need it to work. Any tips / suggestions are welcome, thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the same boat as you, new M1 Macbook Pro with all updated software, "Adobe Fonts Loading" with the spinning wheel in the Creative Cloud desktop app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, my issue was with an older Mac OS and the fonts panel. (Issue was fixed
by installing older version of the software and turn off auto-update)
No problems whatsoever with my Mini or my PC running the latest versions. 👍
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charbauer, I solved it by usiong the Creative Cloud cleaner tool. After that everything worked perfectly again 🙂 Here's the link for you: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, I'll give it a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, that seems to have solved the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines