• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Fonts

Enthusiast ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been how many years and the CC app remains the weakest link. 

Like so many other users my F (Fonts) icon has vanished from my Creative Cloud app. A Restart did nothing to restore it. Attempting to activate one measly font through either fonts.adobe or directly from Illustrator yields in ... a missed deadline. I can activate the font, but it does not appear in Illustrator.

How do I explain this to a client waiting for the most basic of changes?

Adobe: you offer no official direct Adobe support. Your Help files are hopelessly outdated (with screenshots showing past versions). Community Support is hopelessly inadequate, aside from revealing many, many other dissatisfied users. 

I lose work and trust of my clients because of YOUR shortcomings. 

TOPICS
Activation , Missing font , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Ah. In a different thread that was also opened yesterday, it was reported that there was a major outage for Adobe fonts that has apparently been resolved as of today. I hope all the issues for all of you have cleared up by now.

https://status.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been wrestling with the same problem all day. I am unable to access any Adobe fonts. I activated the fonts I need via fonts.adobe.com but they don't appear in any of my software.

I've tried all of the suggested fixes to no avail. In fact I only realised the 'f' icon is missing from my CC app when I was following a suggest fix and saw it looked different to mine. I also appear to be missing the settings cog and help icon!

I even resorted to uninstalling all of my Adobe software, using the clean-up tool and reinstalling everything from scratch, but unbelievably the problem persists.

I've already missed a whole afternoon of work trying to fix this problem and I'm now out of ideas and unable to do my job! ADOBE, PLEASE HELP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. I just uninstalled all adobe cc software & cc itself. Reinstalled and no fonts appearing in any app despite being activated in fonts.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me Too!!  So much for installing Fonts from Adobe to Illustrator.

You would think they would have this figured out. Sad!!!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absolutely absurd!

How do we get Adobe to (first) acknowledge this and (secondly) fix the problem? I am being forced to pay for fonts from a different vendor, fonts that I am already licenced for with Adobe. 

#notgoodenough

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour !

Même problème. plus de synchronisation de fonts adobe.
L'assistance d'Adobe m'a dit qu'ils travaillez sur ce bug !!!

Mais c'est tout de même génant pour nos travaux utilisant les fonts Adobe.

Patientons encore un peu…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't  help with the missing Font icon. It's visible in mine; I have no idea what could cause it to disappear and sadly, I also have no idea why fonts activated through fonts.adobe.com aren't visible for you in Adobe programs. I hope the below information helps.

Direct Adobe support is available via phone or chat.

Regionally appropriate phone numbers are listed here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Chat support is available here: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

You must be signed in with your Adobe ID and allow cookies in your web browser for this to work.

This is the link to the US website. If you are not in the US, the site should redirect to the page appropriate to the region associated with your ID.
chat icon.png
Click the chat icon at the bottom right of the page to open a chat session. Typing AGENT into the chat window should connect you directly to a CSR rather than the AI.

Be aware that because of the pandemic, wait times are far longer than usual due to reduced staff and higher demand. Please be patient with the people to whom you speak. Like you, they are feeling a great deal of stress. A little patience and understanding will go a long way to helping you in your particular situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chat support was very unhelpful - it took over an hour for someone to respond (even though one part of the selling point of the Adobe Team Account was "24/7 tech support and dedicated Account Manager as your face to Adobe."), and when they did it was cryptic and then they immediately left the chat before I could ask any questions, meaning I had to wait again for someone else to assist me.

Finally got an answer that Adobe Fonts was down (even though it was not mentioned on Adobe's Status page until close to 2 hrs after we were experiencing issues), and that it would be resolved within the hour. So in this case my issue was resolved.

I understand that all customer service teams are experiencing long wait times and stress as you mention, but I do expect that if someone connects to answer my chat support question, that they at least stick around for me to respond and make sure everything is good, instead of passing me off to someone else, and it would be helpful if they were more clear up front in their response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last time I worked with their support, I was on the phone for about 2 hours. I empathize.

I'm sorry the experience was bad. Not much I can do about that (not an Adobe employee); we're still trying to get the customer support teams to STOP referring people to the forums for assistance only an Adobe employee can provide. You have no idea how frustrating that is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. In a different thread that was also opened yesterday, it was reported that there was a major outage for Adobe fonts that has apparently been resolved as of today. I hope all the issues for all of you have cleared up by now.

https://status.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the links and info everyone. I did manage to unearth the chat function (what else could I do ... I couldn't work) and ended up trying to explain to AI that "cannot sync fonts" really was a thing. Eventually spoke with an actual humanbeing that pointed me to the Status page. Ironically, the Status page listed the issue as resolved. Several hours later the Fonts tab had re-appeared on the CC app (too late for the update I needed to process, had to make another plan). 

I did also see that some-or-the-other Adobe service was down for maintenance for the majority of my working day. Not everyone lives in the States ... a simple email warning, about scheduled updates (or major outages ... or hacked databases!) could be, ahem, useful Adobe. 

Either way, sanity apparently restored, and I thank everyone here who participated in the discussion. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea even those of us in the States were having a bad time of it. An email about "potential issues" would have done wonders, even if the issue turned out to be nothing. Our PLM software does that, abeit a bit late, and its usually resolved within 30min. But they are a start up, and Adobe is a monster company. Do better, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been in adobe support-chat about this problem for three days now, and TODAY one of all the "persons" I chatted to, told me this is an ongoing issue. Ghaaahhh! If they only had told me that from the beginning....!
So, I still have this problem. Anyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch!

Mine seems to be up – have the F(onts) tab available on the CC app, but have not needed a new font in a few days. The Adobe Status page is all green, perhaps try a restart (of either your CC app and/or your computer). Hope you manage to get it all working again soon. It's disheartening to hear that this is an ongoing issue. 

Hey Adobe I spent to much money on X again this month (it's an ongoing issue I have), how about I slip my subscription payment this month! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines